Pic of Mr. Lawman paying a visit to me!!

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what happens when you try and get to the Viper Club meeting a little faster than you should...
You must be registered for see images
92mph... ouch!

Jeff

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cops have nothing better to do. We have too many of them and some people still want more! Is this a recipe for disaster? They are low-paid government employees - you figure it out! What good does it do to have more of them? The ACLU sets the REAL bad men free instead of defending the freedoms of regular folks like us. From the pic it looks like a sunny, dry, safe day to cruise 90mph. Unless somebody is driving erratically I don't see a problem. Maybe the pic doesn't show that there was a lot of traffic, or maybe it was just another Barney Fife cop.

Merry Christmas.

Reaction score
Jeff-00-ACR,
I think Prashant and I owe you and others (I heard someone got hauled off to jail for 130 MPH in the same area).
When we went down to set up for our meeting (about 10:30 am), I was taunting Prashant by spooling up the "Anaconda Green Monster" in those same areas (not sustained high speeds, just bursts in no traffic). Prashants and my cars are loud enough to wake those guys, I guess, because I never saw so many in that area before. One followed me all the way back into Houston, (State Trooper).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Zippy. We've got to do something about these ridiculously low speed limits on wide-open highways. Speed limits are set for the lowest common denominator.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't pull over you don't get tickets. Got it?

Jeez Jeff, I thought your car was invisible to law enforcement after passing that cop at 100+ on the way to Uvalde. Even Doug got nailed in his black RT and he's Mr. Law and Order, or at least Mr.Laws of Ballistics.

Great shot through the rear view there!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Fischer:

Jeez Jeff, I thought your car was invisible to law enforcement after passing that cop at 100+ on the way to Uvalde. Even Doug got nailed in his black RT and he's Mr. Law and Order, or at least Mr.Laws of Ballistics.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a hoot Paul! That cop was sound asleep! But now days, when I open "The Bride of Frankenstein" up, she sort of wakes the dead! I'm looking for an in cockpit intercom system, for a very good reason! You have to scream to talk to the passenger!

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Did he ask you about the car? Alot of times cops who are "car guys" will pull you over just to check out your car.

Jeff-Austin,

Was your Frankestein at the ALMS race in Ft. Worth in Sept? I was there with the other Vettes and think I may remember seeing your car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're pretty much on the same page Rob. The government benefits by extorting money from us in the form of traffic tickets. I am really starting to believe if there is no accident then there should be no ticket.

Slower speeds MAY reduce traffic accidents, therefore benefiting the insurance companies.

This brainwashed society has become safety conscience at any cost. But even safety can cross a line of reasonability.

65 on the open highway is unreasonable.
Issuing tickets when nobody was in danger is unreasonable.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff I spoke to my Lawyer it told me to tell you "$125 and he will make it go away!! he good I have had 8 tickets and none on the driving record! Next time show up early for those meetings...and maybe Jeff E and I will take it easy early in the morning.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steve siegel:
The background scenary is a residential neighborhood.

no front tag. (it was a florida car, we dont need front tags). I paid the $30 ticket anyway. It happens to all of us... Happy Holidays

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please take this as a spirited debate and not a flame.

Are you referring to the building at the far left? It is impossible to tell if it is a home or a place of business. Judging by the two rental trucks in the background as well as what appears to be a large truck near the building in question, it cannot be conclusively stated that it is a residential area. The rental trucks indicate a lean more to a commercial district. Are there many side roads in the area? There are none in the pic.

Just curious, is a front plate required on all cars traveling through NJ, even if the state in which the car is registered doesn't require one? If not, why pay the $30 ticket? If so, another stupid law.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight. It was outside of Galveston on I45 which is a 4 lane (in both directions) extra wide freeway. Posted 70 mph. VERY little traffic. Straight for as far as you could see and absolutely beautiful weather at noon on a Saturday. I was in 6th turning about 2k. Smooth. Quiet.

OH and by the way.... A silver minivan filled with the whole family was right with me for the last 25 miles.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was outside of Galveston on I45 which is a 4 lane (in both directions) extra wide freeway. Posted 70 mph. VERY little traffic. Straight for as far as you could see and absolutely beautiful weather at noon on a Saturday. I was in 6th turning about 2k. Smooth. Quiet.
OH and by the way.... A silver minivan filled with the whole family was right with me for the last 25 miles.

Jeff

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not a Ms. Law-woman????? Hmmmmmmmm???
Laura

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187