No more cramped foot or sore ankle or clutch riding,

This one is installed on my B&W 97 RT/10

we are ramping up production on these this week,

Group buy price of $199.00

Also available through Jon B @ Partsrack and Dan Cragin @ DC PERFORMANCE

if interested in one for your car pm me or email me [email protected]

3992DSC00545-med.JPG

3992DSC00536-med.JPG

15 minute install for someone with a utility knife and a power drill ( drill 2 holes ) and a ratchet

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Pics of my GEN 2

Interesting...
Looks like your foot would hit the dead pedal when shifting.
Racing shoes only???

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a pic with real wide street shoes, it is tight, but I set mine higher than my clutch pedal and there is no interference, racing shoes would be optimal but street shoes and runners work great, it is all in the placement, the dead pedal is adjustable fore and aft and tilts up or down.

3992DSC00533-med.JPG

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love the idea. $199 for a dead pedal makes me want to yack, however. screams viper tax. is it made of platinum?

nice piece! but $199... damn!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The more people interested the better the price, machining costs alot due to setup, higher production runs can bring the price down a bit. How many people would want one of these?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Usually a dead pedal is long and flat, to fit your foot. I understand these wouldn't fit the Viper due to it being crowded down there.

A dead pedal, unlike the clutch and brake pedal, is usually side mounted. The clutch and brake pedals usually screw on or fit over the regular pedal.

So if I bought a standard aftermarket dead pedal kit and used it's mounting on a aftermarket clutch pedal, I'd have your $199 dead pedal kit for about $40 max.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most after market dead pedal kits are just a cover, this is an engineered braket with almost 8 inches of travel with an adjustable dead pedal, I as well can but pedal cover kits for $16.99 up to $300.00, but these are just covers. I appreciate your comments about the price and am working on some volume pricing with my machine shop.

The reality of Viper TAx is that with suchh limited production and limited market place due to production figures the actual cost of viper products is higher than for mustangs or corvettes simply due to the much smaller # of sales that the setup and lack of large quantity manufacturing availabilities, this is reflected in every aftermarket viper part that is specific to the viper, Supercharger kits cost 1.5 times more, even though the components are the saemor similar to other products, body panels saem thing , cold air kits same thing, TT kits same thing, lug nuts same thin. It is not price gouging it is supply and demand and quantity of manufacture over cost of setup and other fixed costs that when amortized over larger qauntities become negligible but on small qauntities become significant.This does not mean that some in the viper community have not price gouged and it does happen every day.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would it be call Vipedal? :D

As dangerous as this sounds, if I'm on a long drive, I just tuck my foot under the clutch. Works well if you trust your reflexes. But if you ever hear about me scrubbing in my Viper, you'll know why. :eek: :crazy:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would you please post some pics of the pedal, bracket and hardware unmounted?

Are you considering an aluminum, maybe a matching 4 pedal set, and maybe a plain rubber one to match the factory pedals would be nice to have a few choices.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would you please post some pics of the pedal, bracket and hardware unmounted?

Are you considering an aluminum, maybe a matching 4 pedal set, and maybe a plain rubber one to match the factory pedals would be nice to have a few choices.

Thanks

JOE,

i am looking at doing a complete matching set, as well as a clutch adjuster that lowers the clutch pedal to the same height as the brake pedal.

thanks for your comments

Steve

cardoza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to bump an ancient thread, but were there any more solutions to this? I just got my Gen II and a dead pedal would make for a much better driving experience.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB and Dan are both still slinging viper parts last I
heard - youre best bet is to start there first.