Pics of my new Autoform splitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am finally getting around to posting some pics of my new Autoform splitter. Got a deal that I couldn't refuse from Steve over at Autoform Group, and after patiently waiting for a few weeks for them to whip one up for me, I put in on last weekend and wanted to know everyone's thoughts.

I think I like it so far... :stick:

Attachments

• Vee1.jpg
    Vee1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Vee2.jpg
    Vee2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Vee3.jpg
    Vee3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 210

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Did you break it in on the cruise through Oak Creek Canyon today? [Christine got sick, so we couldn't make the trip]

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Did you break it in on the cruise through Oak Creek Canyon today? [Christine got sick, so we couldn't make the trip]
Hey Dale...couldn't make the run today but am definitely going on the Supercar run up to Prescott and Jerome next weekend. You going? I need some help fending off those Lambos! :)

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dale...couldn't make the run today but am definitely going on the Supercar run up to Prescott and Jerome next weekend. You going? I need some help fending off those Lambos! :)

Andrew - I'd love to go next weekend, but Christine has to work. I'll let you know. We can cruise out to Scottsdale together.

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Good :1up:

Did you have any problems with the fitting?
I notice the splitter has 2 extra slots for Brake cooling? Is there ducting behind those slots?

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward installation...just had to attach a couple of pieces inside the fender wells and then match drill some holes for the splitter. There is no ducting behind the brake slots...they are only there to allow more air through the front end in general...

Looks Good :1up:

Did you have any problems with the fitting?
I notice the splitter has 2 extra slots for Brake cooling? Is there ducting behind those slots?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one but, tough to drive in the street and driveways. I broke it several times. Learnd to be a pretty good at fiberglass repair but, I finally gave it away. On the drag strip it actually slowed me down. I think autoforn has many great products so no bashing here I have there hardtop and love it as well as a rollbar and side skirts all still on the car.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one but, tough to drive in the street and driveways. I broke it several times. Learnd to be a pretty good at fiberglass repair but, I finally gave it away. On the drag strip it actually slowed me down. I think autoforn has many great products so no bashing here I have there hardtop and love it as well as a rollbar and side skirts all still on the car.

Sorry about your bad experience...as for me, I drove around 100 miles with it on so far and didn't put even a scratch on it, fortunately. Was your car lowered to begin with? The splitter is no lower than stock, but it does stick out a little further than before.

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about your bad experience...as for me, I drove around 100 miles with it on so far and didn't put even a scratch on it, fortunately. Was your car lowered to begin with? The splitter is no lower than stock, but it does stick out a little further than before.
True it's not lower but, from the front tire to the tip is longer so going up driveways etc makes it closer to the ground. Enjoy it there cool and yours looks great. Just approach driveways and speed bumps at an angle.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True it's not lower but, from the front tire to the tip is longer so going up driveways etc makes it closer to the ground. Enjoy it there cool and yours looks great. Just approach driveways and speed bumps at an angle.
Thats what I have to do with my splitter, but I still catch it sometimes :)

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just a matter of time before some Viper envy (from a newbie non-owner) showed up...lol.

And yes, Robert...at least now I HAVE to slow down over those speed bumps!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks pretty cool, I wonder how it would look black with black stripes and black rims :) Just a thought, but it's fine just the way it is... :)

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just a matter of time before some Viper envy (from a newbie non-owner) showed up...lol.

And yes, Robert...at least now I HAVE to slow down over those speed bumps!

non-owner, right. :smirk: You should keep that wal-mart style splitter on your bucket. It makes the rest of our cars look better. :lmao:

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
non-owner, right. :smirk: You should keep that wal-mart style splitter on your bucket. It makes the rest of our cars look better. :lmao:

Thanks for the positive, classy, constructive input, noob. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends that way on this site.

Got some pics of yours? You have one, right?

Then I'm sure we can all talk about how much better yours looks. :moon:

P.S. And thanks to everyone else (i.e., the real Viper owners) for their input. :2tu::2tu:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the splitter is on the track it actually works to keep the car down. As do the side splitters. I don't think VG even owns a Viper I always felt that enthusiast's should not be allowed on this site without a Vin number. Something that should be looked at I think.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing/no wing, splitter/no-splitter, red/yellow debates are inevitable......we should work to keep it on a constructive level. VG's post was nastier than it needed to be but when you post stuff that polarizes the audience, ya gotta be ready for both the pros and cons!

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE=Andrew Zee;3011323]Thanks for the positive, classy, constructive input, noob. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends that way on this site.

P.S. And thanks to everyone else (i.e., the real Viper owners) for their input. :2tu::2tu:[/QUOTE]

you mean this one? :rolleyes: I don't need friends and i don't give a crap what you think.

You must be registered for see images attach
[

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE=Andrew Zee;3011323]Thanks for the positive, classy, constructive input, noob. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends that way on this site.

P.S. And thanks to everyone else (i.e., the real Viper owners) for their input. :2tu::2tu:

you mean this one? :rolleyes: I don't need friends and i don't give a crap what you think

Seriously? That one?

Looks good,I suppose, if you're into Kermit the Frog.

Or, perhaps, Vlasic sweet baby pickles. Those really taste good.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you mean this one? :rolleyes: I don't need friends and i don't give a crap what you think

Seriously? That one?

Looks good,I suppose, if you're into Kermit the Frog.

Or, perhaps, Vlasic sweet baby pickles. Those really taste good.

Just sayin'.

lol Better than sunflower yellow. Just sayin'.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get defensive. That's not Kermit's style. :baby:

Have you tried baby gherkins yet? They are absolutely yummy. You should try them. :rolaugh:

Last edited:

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get defensive. That's not Kermit's style. :baby:

Have you tried baby gherkins yet? They are absolutely yummy. You should try them. :rolaugh:

Defensive :rolaugh: I'm having so much fun laughing at your girly tantrums because I told you the walmart splitter needs to be returned. It's ok sunflower, Your my new favorite pet. I am looking forward to your next sunflower temper tantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.