Pics of new paint job/ restored 97 GTS

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!

Ok I need to thank all the members who encouraged me.

I really need to thank those who's generosity in supplying me parts at give away prices made my dream possible.

Here's a before picture, and an after picture.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

There's a whole sequence available at:
http://www.electrowave.com/viper

I tried to put them in order, but for some reason they got arranged randomly.

I bought the car on November 26, and everything but the exhaust (and some paint quality issues) are now done!!!!

Plan to see me on the road a lot in the next few day, weeks, months, years....

It was a tough decision deciding to change the color. I apologize to the purists, and will gladly take all complements from people who think yellow/black is the best. :)

BTW, I did all the work myself, other than painting and minor side rocker straitening.

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job. Thats what I was going to do but Bill P. played some jetti mind tricks and talked me into a creampuff.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you call jon at partsrack
and get the decals..newer rims and yellow 5 pts
i think no one would ever be able to tell it is not a
2001 or 2002!!1
very nice!!
smile.gif

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there are a couple center caps available on e-bay right now. That'd be 2 down and 2 to go! (I think that they are expensive through Dodge...)

Car looks great - even though it is blasphemy to paint over a blue and white car.
smile.gif

Congrats on having the patience to do it right. Now, ENJOY!

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ewave on getting it done!!! It looks stunning! I would take the color combo over blue white ANYDAY! Now sell me your rims and upgrade to 18's!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!! That's what it means to deserve to have something for the work you put into it!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

The car looks GREAT!!!(great color choice)...be sure and talk to JonB about "yellow fever" parts and welcome to the "Yellow Fever" club...
Check your email on the black viper lettering...

CStegall

B

Bob Weidenfeller

Paul,

Looks good. I guess I'll be seeing you around the neighborhood as you are just around the corner.

By the way, I started to drop you a line today as I just came back from the local Dodge dealer ordering some parts. They mentioned a guy was buying various parts for a Blue GTS he was putting back together ... I wonder who that could have been?

Later,

Bob

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome and a GREAT restoration! You had mentioned that you still had a little paintwork to do, so I would make one teeny suggestion: If you do not have foglight covers already, skip them and fill in the "slots" in the openings. The later Vipers (I think it is '99+) do not have foglight covers and there are no slots to mount them. I know a few people have had trouble with them at speed or on the track, as they can come off. If you are looking for a "complete" '01/'02 look, I would fill those holes in and paint them to match the body color.

Either way, it looks fantastic!

Chris

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul-

VERY NICE JOB!!! I'll bet you're happier than a puppy with two p_____s! Have fun!

P.S.-I've owned two Vipers and had both in excess of 155+ and have never had any problems with the fog lamp covers popping off.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!. . . whew... okay now that's out of my system I just wanted to extend my congrats. That truly is a beautiful example of what a before/after showcase should look like. Hope you enjoy it forever my friend.

OP
OP
E

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the enthusiasm!

For the first time in MONTHS I haven't been on the VCA site every 10 minutes checking to see if there were new comments... I was actually out driving my car all day. Imagine that!

I can't get anything past you guys: Yeah, I didn't put the wheel caps on because I still needed to upgrade the brake pads, and I wanted to minimize wear on the chrome.

The blue belts do look hideous. Rewebbing them from Simpson costs $50 per set, but they only have Blue, Red or Black. No Yellow. :-(

I was advised to fill in the fog lamp cover holes, but decided against it because I think the fog light covers look cool- Not that I have any!

Thanks for updating my Avatar. Looks cool!

Hope to see you all soon on the road!