Pics of red overlays and clear corners

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I promised Blue Batmobile I would take some pics of his red overlays and clear ft corners. I'm not 100% sure I like the red or the standard amber for my Graphitr/Sliver ACR. Pics taken today after 3rd coat of Pinnacle Souveran.

You can click on photo in my gallery for Hi Res.

Enjoy :usa:

100852_9_060014ACR-med.jpg

100852_9_060013ACR-med.jpg

100852_9_060006ACR-med.jpg

100852_9_060028ACR-med.jpg

100852_9_060003ACR-med.jpg

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine on. The car was in the shop getting clear bra put on and when I got it back, it started to rain. :(

Hopefully this weekend I will have the chance to put mine on.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you do the red tail lights? I know you use vinyl, but what's the best product/process. That's one of those that ought to be in 'Illustrated Upgrades.'

Looks great!

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Use a soapy and water solution to help position the vinyl. Once that's done, squeegy out all the moisrure or use a credit card wrapped in soft cloth so you don't scratch the overlay. Finally, use a hairdryer to help the vinyl coform over the edges and raised lettering on the turn signal.

Pics look great Mike :) . I personally think the redded out turns look so much better. Much cleaner looking than amber.

I'm working on more overlays for the Viper. I'll be putting a Link to my website/gallery in my sig below in the next day or two once In pay my fees to the site ;) .

Bat™

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
D.K. maybe you should post a side-by-side comparison picture. This way we can help you decide. Personaly, I like the red overlays, but then again, the amber ones look great too.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you get the vinyl to do the job? It makes sense to get rid of the amber on the back if you do the clear corners on front...Thanks..AL...

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can you do the overlays in smoked ?would it make the lights to dark? i think it would look good on the black cars

PM Bats up top. If you go to his website, he's got smoked overlays for tons of cars. They look cool, especially if you have a black or dark sapphire Viper. I'm guessing he can do just about any color. :2tu:

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can you do the overlays in smoked ?would it make the lights to dark? i think it would look good on the black cars

Hey Ken,

I'm working on more Overlays for the Viper including smoked ones for the tails. You can get just about any finish you want :) . I offer my standard 6/10 smoke and lighter 3/10 smoke as well :) .

Here's a Link to my Gallery. I'll have it in my sig in a day or so ;) .

The All New www.BLUEBATMOBILE.NET will be up shortly!

TEMPORARY OVERLAY GALLERY HERE: http://photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/

Bat™

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What kind of red vinyl do I get and where do I find it? I bet you'd sell tons of "kits" including the vinyl needed to do the rears. How much???? Count me in if you're interested.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Looks very clean.

Pinnacle looks absolutely stunning! Have you always used Pinnacle and can you comment on how it compares to other waxes/finishes you've used?

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks very clean.

Pinnacle looks absolutely stunning! Have you always used Pinnacle and can you comment on how it compares to other waxes/finishes you've used?

"you outta see his car in person"

Thanks Andrew.

I have used Pinnacle Souveran for about 3 yrs now. It is the best carnuba wax period, imo. It has so many strong points. From depth of shine to ease of application and many, many strong points inbetween. I love applying this wax with a 5 finger microfiber glove. I will mist the glove with Pinnacle Crystal Mist periodically.

Having said that, the hard work is the polishing and prep work before you start layering the wax coats. The wax layering is pure pleasure. Without getting into too much detail and bore you peeps here is a rough outline of what my procedure is:

1. Wash

2. Polyclay entire finish and be sure and use a good clay lubricant.

3. Start the polishing process. It depends on how bad the finish is on what level of polish and pad type to start out with. Don't even think your going to get a top class finish by hand. You will need a Porter PC at a minimum. Lowes has the best deal on these. If the finish has lot's of swirl marks I'm going to use Menzerna Power Gloss or Menzerna Intensive Polish and either a Yellow or Orange power pad. Setting 6 on the Porter PC.

4. Next it's on to Menzerna Final Polish II and a white power pad. Setting either 4-6 on the Porter PC. You will really start to see a stunning finish at this point.

5. Once done with the polishing I go straight to Klasse AIO. I use either a white or red power pad to apply the Klasse. Setting 3-4 is good.

6. After applying the Klasse I am ready for my 1st coat of Pinnacle Souveran. I like to season each coat for a minimum of 24 hrs.

7. Keep the car covered all the times when you not in it and it becomes very easy to maintain it at this point.

Essential items:
Porter PC and Power pads. I use Menzerna Polishes. Tons of Microfiber towels. I love Autogeeks new "plush" microfiber towel. The one with the rolled microfiber edge. Nothing comes close to this one. I never let anything other than a microfiber towel touch my finish, ever. Pinnacle Souveran, white 5 finger microfiber gloves, Klasse AIO, car cover, California car duster or equivalent, Stoners invisible glass, Plexus plastic polish, Stoners Trim shine (superb for wheel wells and engine detailing). 303 for the interior plastic and Pinnacle leather conditioner for our seats, steering wheel and ebrake&shifter boots. :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte