Pic's of viper with new KW's (Low) :)

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, Cell phone pic after I finished. Car rides pretty good, I set the kw's on "click 6" on all four corners and drove it to columbus. I will mess with it alittle bit to find that perfect ride feel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just gets in my garage.....this is the middle of the side sill..

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great...I installed my KWs last month and love them!

Kinda curious what setting you put your shocks on? I know to each their own but I started on click 6 just to start.

Also I see you did the viscolok gen 4...with the 355's. how do you rate just the viscolok?
and hows the 355's feel?

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great, love the rear but I think the front is a tad to low.

I love the front height and was thinking of raising the back up a tad more...lol
right now the back is 1/4 higher than the front. I dont want it looking like it's ass dragging

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulllose, those look Awesome on your car. I really think if I put another set of wheels on mine, those would really set off the steel gray color. I just have to **** it up & do it, where did you get yours.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the KW2, mine is set at click 9 (out of 18)and really like it there. I once tried it for a few days at softer click 11, but the rear would bottom out on big bumps, so I went back to nine. I will probably try click 6 or 7 when going for a day at the track.
For the height adjustment I can slip one finger over the tires front and back, 25 5/8" front and 27 1/2" rear from ground to the fender. When I installed them last year height was 25 7/8" front and 27 7/8" rear, so it dropped about another 1/4 " after one year.

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda curious what setting you put your shocks on? I know to each their own but I started on click 6 just to start.

Also I see you did the viscolok gen 4...with the 355's. how do you rate just the viscolok?
and hows the 355's feel?

I'm pretty sure I have mine 2 clicks from the softest setting. After just coming from KWs of an ACR, I wanted it soooofftttt:lmao:

3.55s feel great, although to me, it feels like it should have come from the factory this way. On a minor bolt-on car, which has no plans for crazy power, I'd recommend 3.73s instead...I think that would feel like a more traditional gear swap, in any other car. The ViscoLok doesn't feel any different to me...I just got it cause I know it's stronger than the stock HydraLok, but not the price of an OS Giken or Quaife...again, because the car will stay fairly stock.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the KW2, mine is set at click 9 (out of 18)and really like it there. I once tried it for a few days at softer click 11, but the rear would bottom out on big bumps, so I went back to nine. I will probably try click 6 or 7 when going for a day at the track.
For the height adjustment I can slip one finger over the tires front and back, 25 5/8" front and 27 1/2" rear from ground to the fender. When I installed them last year height was 25 7/8" front and 27 7/8" rear, so it dropped about another 1/4 " after one year.

SilvRT8, Keep an eye on your rear inner fenders. When you are bottoming out in the rear the tires are hitting them and they break easy. At the track I'd suggest you have at least 2 fingers in the rear. Once those inner fenders break the rear tires will bottom out on a bolt head that will put a groove in your tire. Been there done that! Shannon at X2 Builders sold me 2 used sets for my 06 Mike

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hummmmm,, mine only have 12 clicks for sure. I have the newest kw's so maybe they changed

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ulllose, those look Awesome on your car. I really think if I put another set of wheels on mine, those would really set off the steel gray color. I just have to **** it up & do it, where did you get yours.

Thanks,,, yeah I had to just **** it up also. I bought them thru Partsrack a couple years ago. In the pics they look alittle bit different, they r gunmetal with a matte finish.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't ask me but I just upgraded to late model Viscolock and 3.55. Just got in broken in so I can't say a lot. More fun on backroads - 3rd gear is a rush and you can almost idle down to 20mph in 3rd and then go again. Never had any trouble with the first setup but it is definitely easier to drive. Posters say 3.55 is slower but I doubt it unless you 1/4 mile all the time. The change makes 5th and 6th usable gears and that is a real plus. At about 75-80 in 6th car is doing less than 2000 rpm. That speed with a 3.07 is about 12-1300 rpm. Even with a boatload of torque, 6th was pretty useless. Just my opinion. JonB set me up, call and talk to him, tell him how you drive and listen to what he says. Made sense to me.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joel---thanks for the info, I think I have decided to go with the 355's but im on the fence with what diff. I waiting for a buddy of mine to come up with a gen4 diff and if he doesnt i may go with the os giken.

You didn't ask me but I just upgraded to late model Viscolock and 3.55. Just got in broken in so I can't say a lot. More fun on backroads - 3rd gear is a rush and you can almost idle down to 20mph in 3rd and then go again. Never had any trouble with the first setup but it is definitely easier to drive. Posters say 3.55 is slower but I doubt it unless you 1/4 mile all the time. The change makes 5th and 6th usable gears and that is a real plus. At about 75-80 in 6th car is doing less than 2000 rpm. That speed with a 3.07 is about 12-1300 rpm. Even with a boatload of torque, 6th was pretty useless. Just my opinion. JonB set me up, call and talk to him, tell him how you drive and listen to what he says. Made sense to me.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SilvRT8, Keep an eye on your rear inner fenders. When you are bottoming out in the rear the tires are hitting them and they break easy. At the track I'd suggest you have at least 2 fingers in the rear. Once those inner fenders break the rear tires will bottom out on a bolt head that will put a groove in your tire. Been there done that! Shannon at X2 Builders sold me 2 used sets for my 06 Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the very usefull info, I'll defenitly lift and stiffen it a bit before going to the track. Will also have a look at my rear inner fenders to see if any damage was done.