Pirelli tires

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to purchase 275/30/19 X 2, and 345/30/20 X 2. I keep running into the same thing which is the Pirelli Pzero(which appear to be back ordered at several places), Pzero Nero????, and Pzero Rosso???? Someone kindly school me on their differences since I can't seem to find any based on the numbers posted. Maybe luke or Jon B can chime in!!!!:dunno:

Thanks,

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give JonB a Call. He will give you a heck of a deal and give you any information you need. Good luck

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks CO-NOS. Just spoke w/ Jon and got all straighten out. MODERATORS THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED NOW.

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jay,

I am suprised you aren't doing the PS2's. I have 'em and love 'em.

Also, I thought your wifey was trying to talk you into a GTS.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as performance goes I'm not sure what the difference is but the Nero's cost quite a bit less then the Rosso's. Hear is what Tire Rack has to say about them:

-------------------------------------

The PZero Rosso System includes both asymmetric and directional tread designs, each tuned to satisfy the unique performance needs of different types of vehicles and uses. The PZero Rosso Asimmetrico is the most widely used because it's designed for both front and rear axle positions of front engine front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive cars (and on all cars driven on the track). The PZero Rosso Direzionale is designed to offer enhanced hydroplaning resistance and is primarily for use on the lighter load carrying front axle positions of mid-engine and rear-engine rear-wheel drive cars (which are then combined with the PZero Rosso Asimmetrico tires on the rear axle positions).

Both of the PZero Rosso tread patterns are elegant. The Asimmetrico tread pattern retains the "Zero concept" of earlier PZero tires by combining a semi-slick center rib that enhances driving precision while accelerating and braking with robust outer shoulder and intermediate tread blocks that are connected by circumferential "multi-ring" ribs to enhance dry grip. The independent blocks of the inner intermediate rib and inside shoulder are separated by wide grooves to help eject water to reduce hydroplaning and enhance wet grip. Considerable use has been made of curved grooves, which complement the circumferential grooves to reduce noise.

The PZero Nero (ne' ro' Italian for black) Max Performance "summer" tire is a member of Pirelli's "PZero Collection" family of Max Performance tires. In addition to the PZero Nero, the "PZero Collection" also includes the PZero Rosso (ro' so' Italian for red) and the PZero System Directionale and Asimmetrico tires (many with a yellow logo) for sports cars, coupes and sedans. The PZero Nero was developed to work harder so the driver could play harder exploiting the sporting character of their high performance car. Like all summer tires, PZero Nero tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

On the outside, the PZero Nero features a silica and carbon black enhanced tread compound molded into a subtle asymmetric, wide rib tread design to increase the rigidity of the tread to resist deformation and enhance grip and steering response on a variety of road surfaces while enhancing resistance to irregular wear and generating low noise levels. The tire's circumferential grooves are optimized in their position and width to maximize dry road performance while enhancing hydroplaningresistance. On the inside, the PZero Nero features twin steel belts reinforced by zero degree nylon to complement a lightweight aramid internal structure that resists deformation at high speed

I have PZero Rosso's on my Gallardo. They grip well but I must say they don't wair very well. I perfer Michelin Pilot Sports.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

How's it going bro? You are correct about the GTS thing, but after a long conversation I may be keeping the SRT-10 after all. Not a bad thing, but we'll see how I feel next year. I'm going with after market wheels and wanted the Pirelli's due to their fit.

GBS,

Thanks for the info. I looked at the tirerack site and spoke with luke about the different Pirelli options. I must admit I was overwhelmed by the options. I was under the impression that there were only 1 or 2 options available at the 19/20 size. The PS2's were an option, but due to their 3/4 inch height in the rear as opposed to the others, I felt they weren't acceptable aesthetically as well as functionally due to the lower ride height on my vert. I am, however, curious as to how the ones on your Lambo are wearing. Would you care to elaborate? Thanks,

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 different sets of wheels for my Lambo all with PZero Rosso's on them. I have never owned a tire that has worn out as fast as the PZero Rosso's have.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Rosso is the only tire that comes in the sizes you need ... all of the different versions of the Pielli P-Zero tire have their unique characteristics and available sizes ... for your application the Rosso is the way to go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte