Please fix this site!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's a "new" site and bugs have to be worked out, but part of a forum is being able to go back and forth quickly if needed.
I posted a new thread (and replied to several others) well over an hour ago, but they don't show up yet. This is happening just about every time I post anything now, and I have seen another thread complaining about it as well.
I'm not usually one to *****, but all of the problems that seem to be happening lately are killing this site.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Towdawg:
Your post has been moved to board and site suggestions where the programmer will be sure to see it. I have not seen any other threads relating to a posts not appearing problem. Can you direct me to those? I also checked your posting history and you did post several times last night and started a thread as well. Your post about the site needing to be fixed obviously showed up as well. So can you further clarify your perception of the problem? It does seem as if your posts and threads are appearing to me.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can post a reply to a thread and it doesn't show up when I hit "new posts". Then I can go find the original thread and my post doesn't show either.
The new thread I started last night (not this one) didn't show up either, so I went to the area where I made the thread and it didn't even exist. This has happened multiple time lately and not just from my home computer.
Lee, I don't remember if the other comments about this were their own thread, or just mentioned in another thread. If the search feature is actually working correctly, I will see if I can find the thread I am talking about.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't show up, where? In the actual forum or in the "What's new" tab?

I can post a reply to a thread and it doesn't show up when I hit "new posts". Then I can go find the original thread and my post doesn't show either.
The new thread I started last night (not this one) didn't show up either, so I went to the area where I made the thread and it didn't even exist. This has happened multiple time lately and not just from my home computer.
Lee, I don't remember if the other comments about this were their own thread, or just mentioned in another thread. If the search feature is actually working correctly, I will see if I can find the thread I am talking about.

Actually, I know what TD is talking about. I've noticed it as well. I realize I'm new here but I remeber what it was like when I first joined. Back then I could "immediately" see my post/reply as soon as I hit the button. Now, it does eventually make it onto the recently posted but it takes like an hour or so before it shows up. I just shrugged it off like it was some new high-tech filtering process the old site didn't have... ya know like making sure there is nothing profane or unacceptable getting posted. Am I right RUNNR?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for RUNNR;
Ok, I hope this helps. I posted the above and then went to the main forum page. I clicked "What's New" and scrolled down and could not find this thread at all. Then I went back and clicked "New Posts" and scrolled down and could not find this thread. It's like it disappeared after I posted my first reply. I continued to look at a few other things on the forum and checked back about 22 minutes later and still nothing... I can't even find it now. I saw things that said "2mins ago" and 33 mins ago", etc. but not this thread. So in order to post this update, I went to my profile and clicked "Recent Posts" and came back here.
Perhaps the only way you will be able to see the same results that TowDawg and I are having is to hop onto anther pc that does "not" have the programming software installed on it??:dunno:
I hope this feedback helps to steer you in the right direction, Mike

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we please get the "last time you visited was - date & time" back?!?!?

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I understand, once you reply to a thread, it is not *new* anymore and hence won't show in the "what's new" list as you've already read/responded in it. It will show up again when someone else has posted in it. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use subscribed threads under quick links to see all your post and threads... I think by default you are automatically subscribed to any thread you start or post in. It was better the old way when you could see your posts in New Posts even if you read the post after you posted it. I want that back too... Or "Active Topics" like most other forums..

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use subscribed threads under quick links to see all your post and threads... I think by default you are automatically subscribed to any thread you start or post in. It was better the old way when you could see your posts in New Posts even if you read the post after you posted it. I want that back too... Or "Active Topics" like most other forums..
+1 on this!

The way I understand, once you reply to a thread, it is not *new* anymore and hence won't show in the "what's new" list as you've already read/responded in it. It will show up again when someone else has posted in it. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?
Thanks my viper. I guess that makes sense now that you say it. I thought I was going crazy.
I guess it's just a matter of working out the bugs and then everyone can just get used to how things work after that.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know what you're saying, but that's not it. I can post in a thread and completely leave the site, come back, go directly to that thread, and my post isn't there. It will usually show up after an hour or so, but I read some people we seeing delays until the next day.
The same thing happened when I made a new thread. I went back into the area where I made it, and it did not even exist until hours later.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

^^ This is a true statement

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you're saying, but that's not it. I can post in a thread and completely leave the site, come back, go directly to that thread, and my post isn't there. It will usually show up after an hour or so, but I read some people we seeing delays until the next day.
The same thing happened when I made a new thread. I went back into the area where I made it, and it did not even exist until hours later.
This is exactly what I am finding, even today nothing seems to have fixed this problem yet?

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Understand what you are saying but that's not really the problem we are experiencing :(

Right, you are experiencing a caching issue, which was covered under the login thread. I have the web server turned off on all caching of pages, which cleared up what you're describing for most other folks. I'm wondering if there's caching on your side, or your ISP's side which is causing you to have this problem.

F

FrgMstr

Right, you are experiencing a caching issue, which was covered under the login thread. I have the web server turned off on all caching of pages, which cleared up what you're describing for most other folks. I'm wondering if there's caching on your side, or your ISP's side which is causing you to have this problem.

I bet that is exactly what he is seeing. ISP cacheing in order to save bandwidth.

Otherwise I would suggest that you guys having issues, clear your browser cache completely and give it another shot. This could very well be a client issue too. I am not using VB 4, but I have not seen any vBulletin cacheing issues for a long time that were caused by VB software.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the last 2 replies but Im very sorry to say I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :(

I don't know what ISP chacheing is? Or how to tweek or fiddle with my Laptop other than posting on a couple of fourms! :(

I need a complete novice guide on what to do :)
Could we get Viper tony to do a pictorial guide in the how to guide :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4