please post your pic's of Blue and White GTS's with 19 's or 20's.

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please post your pic\'s of Blue and White GTS\'s with 19 \'s or 20\'s.

please post your pic's of Blue and White GTS's with 19 's or 20's.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: please post your pic\'s of Blue and White GTS\'s with 19 \'s or 20\'s.

I would love to see the cops eyes when you left him in the twilight, granted most sane people would pull over but for that one crazed maniac, this car could probably out-run the MOTOROLA! Very impressive.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

androbud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

10743viperorig-med.JPG

20's all around.

I don't want to hijack this thread so can someone PM me a solution to recalibrating my spedometer because of tire size and not because of gears. I'm currently putting around 7-9% more miles on my than I actually should be. Currently there are no different 20" tire sizes I could get to fix this so I was wondering if there is any kind of recalibration I can buy/have done?

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

heres mine
19x10 front
19x13.5 rears Forgelines

[image]
9579IM001200-med.JPG
[/image]

[image]
9579IM001216-med.JPG
[/image]

[image]
9579IM001225-med.jpg
[/image]

[image]
9579IM001255-med.JPG
[/image]

[image]
9579IM001210-med.JPG
[/image]

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice!! Keep them coming guys...

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

androbud....if you upgraded to 20's everything else remaining the same, your actual speed would be greater than what is showing on the speedometer, there for your odomenter is clicking SLOWER that the actual mile that the car is traveling.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

androbud....if you upgraded to 20's everything else remaining the same, your actual speed would be greater than what is showing on the speedometer, there for your odomenter is clicking SLOWER that the actual mile that the car is traveling.

This is true, think about it in a drastic matter. Imagine you put on 50" rims if you could fir them. Now, everytime your rotor makes one revolution, your tire makes 1 revolution, no matter the tire size, as long as it's bigger than the rotor. Obviously, if you were going 60mph, your tires, and rotors wouldn't be spinning nearly as fast to cover the same distance, so you are actually saving mileage. :2tu:

androbud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know, I was doing my math ass backwards. You guys are right. My correct math shows my rear tires are about %2.1 oversized. But I do read higher MPH than actual. I wonder if this means I have aftermarket gears then? 3.55's or 3.33's?

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

if you are reading higher than actual, then you must have different gears. you must have been way way off with stock 17" wheels. i am ok with basic math, but not able to figure this one. someone on here may be able to calculate your gearing with knowing a few variables such as.....the circumference of you rear tire, speedo reading, actual speed, what gear you are running in and rpm's.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never posted a picture before, I'm just trying to see if this works. [image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/26672/sort/1/cat/500/page/1[/image]

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

if you are reading higher than actual, then you must have different gears. you must have been way way off with stock 17" wheels. i am ok with basic math, but not able to figure this one. someone on here may be able to calculate your gearing with knowing a few variables such as.....the circumference of you rear tire, speedo reading, actual speed, what gear you are running in and rpm's.

You have to figure out how may rotations the rear axle is making per every rotation of the driveshaft. Thats what the gear ratio means, I dont know how to compute it, but thats what you are computing for. If fourth gear is a 1:1 axle ratio, then your speed at 1,000 rpm should show what your gear ratio, but im just guessing.

androbud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

By some simple math, and the fact that there are not many gears available for vipers, I'm now thinking there are 3.55's back there. Also when I put the speedometer readings up next to actual mph I would get with both 3.33's and 3.55's the 3.55's seem more realistic.

Doesn't everyone wish they could just find mods on there car instead of having to buy them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine