Pocono Oval & Road Course Oct 12th.

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never done an oval track before so this sounds like a lot of high speed fun. I'm signed up and wanted to issue the invitation to all the rest of you:2tu:

DATE: October 12, 2010
TIME: 7am - 6pm
Place: Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA 18334

FULL TRACK rental at the Pocono Raceway. First 1/2 of the Day run the FULL 2.5 Mile Nascar Oval, Second 1/2 of the day the 2.5 Mile Road Course. Those of you who attended the Summer Exotix Run 2010 know how great of a track it is and we were fortunate enough to have a nice taste of the track. Through much blood, sweat, and tears I have arranged to have the entire facility and track for the FULL DAY! Included will be lunch as well and Exotics Rally will supply coolers of ice water throughout the day.

You must have a Snell A Rated Helmet for Auto Racing (NOT an M rate Motorcycle - these will NOT be permitted NO EXCEPTIONS)

We will have limited instructors available for the day and there will be 3 run groups, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced. 20 minute sessions each group.

7am - Tech Inspection
8am - Drivers Meeting
8:30a - First Group Hits Track
5:30p - Last Session

Costs: $500.00 1 person/car/lunch
$250.00 Additional Driver/Lunch
$100.00 Use of covered garage for the full day.
$ 35.00 Guest/Spectator/Lunch

Deadline for sign up is October 5, 2010.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Exotics Rally

Attachments

• Pocono.pdf
    170.3 KB · Views: 10

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from running the "Ro-val" at Pocono this past weekend, it's awesome! some technical, some flat-out, just watch the bumps and the wall coming out of turn 8 :D

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool Ed. What did you get her up to? mph
This is going to be the whole oval in the morning. Did you do that or just the part oval and road course?
Anything else I should know?

Just got back from running the "Ro-val" at Pocono this past weekend, it's awesome! some technical, some flat-out, just watch the bumps and the wall coming out of turn 8 :D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am interested. just came back from the NARRA event there. Awesome. Would love to run the entire nascar track.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool Ed. What did you get her up to? mph
This is going to be the whole oval in the morning. Did you do that or just the part oval and road course?

We didn't do the whole tri-oval. They had us on the front strait, turn 1 (big bank) turn 2 then hard left to the infield road course.
On the strait between 1 and 2 I brushed 160mph on a few laps, but routinely hit 155. Unfortunately 5th gear is almost useless, so I was running right up to the rev-lim in 4th.

Anything else I should know?

I thought it was better to turn-in a little later for the bank in turn 1... you certainly don't want to go too early and then flat-spot the apex (or be tracking out early all the way to the wall at 120mph+:omg:)

Have Fun!
What are you going to be driving out there? I though I heard that you sold your Viper..??

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This turned out to be a lot of fun till I broke my transmission:mad:. Coming out of NASCAR 3 onto the front straight at 145+ is a heck of a thing. It really changes the speed at the end of the front straight!!

Thanks for the original post "Viper Dreams" I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Dave

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am pissed I had to miss this one. Dave what were you driving the Comp Coupe?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave