PO'D

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were going to get a SSG Vert with stripes, but we had to wait who know how long. an opportunity came where we could get one now, so we chose to get it now.:drive: the problem is, the dealer is refusing to refund our deposit, saying that we forfeited it when we canceled our "order". do you guys think this is legal? they had already ordered the car, we only put a deposit on it.
thanks for any thoughts.

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:think:Dont know where you live but in pa the only way its legal(i belive) is if its a down payment not a deposit call you attorny generals office they can help or maybe its just best to buy 2 vipers :)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:think:Dont know where you live but in pa the only way its legal(i belive) is if its a down payment not a deposit call you attorny generals office they can help or maybe its just best to buy 2 vipers :)
except that the car is no longer for sale.:mad:

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is illegal to keep a deposit on auto sales.File a complaint with the distric rep from dodge.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is illegal to keep a deposit on auto sales.File a complaint with the distric rep from dodge.

Thank you so much! We really appreciate the advice! I will get in touch with them today.

Thanks to all who have been so helpful!

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they sell the car, or is it not going to be produced? Either way they are stealing from you ...
well..we went through a broker. first they said that it was ours, and if we didnt take it they were going to buy it for their lot, either way they were getting the car from DODGE. then after we sent a deposit, they call and ask if we want to sell the car to someone else and make a profit. we said no, we wanted the car. then we find a car that we could get today, now. they say fine, once the car gets sold they will send our deposit back. i call last night and say maybe we will buy the car after all. now they say that the car is sold (from the DODGE dealership)and the DODGE dealership will not return the money to the broker because they cancelled, the broker will not refund our money because they can not get the money back from DODGE, and the best they can do is take $5,000.00 off one of thier ferraris.
something is very stinky here.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I you'll rustle up some beer and nachos I'll get a posse from Texas headed up there to investigate.

Deal! I'd even cook dinner for that! We'll even find a game on the big screen! (Yes, boys, I like the games, too!)

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, did you give the deposit to a broker or a dealer? Also, how much was the deposit and did you pay by credit card?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still tracking down the loser who sold Chad some bad rims, but once I fix him, then I'm on this like white on rice!!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, did you give the deposit to a broker or a dealer? Also, how much was the deposit and did you pay by credit card?

we sent a broker a check, but after reading the fine print, we saw a paragraph under " Important Buyer Information" that stated (i wont post the entire paragraph only the one that pertains to us) "2. If this is a credit sale and final disclosure statement has not been completely filled in, this order is not binding on the buyer and the buyer can cancel it and recover the doposit. However, this order shall be binding upon the buyer's receipt of a completely filled in financing disclosure statement."

the only thing that they faxed to us was a vehicle purchase order, one sided.
that is it. so i think we have a legal advantage in this case and may have to pursue it, if so, it will cost them way more than my $5,000.00 deposit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960