Polar Bear Run #10, Richmond, VA, Jan 26, 2008

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are invited to make the Polar Bear Run in Richmond, VA on January 26, 2008. It’s a good excuse to get our Vipers out in the middle of the winter. Below is a link giving details for the event:
http://iloveoldcars.com/pbr10/

The cruise is typically about 75 – 100 miles with a stop to see a private car collection or something else of interest to car guys and then a cruise to a local restaurant for lunch. There will be a good mix of antiques, street rods, hot rods, muscle cars and sports cars. Last year there were as many Packards as Vipers and there were twice as many Edsels as Vipers. I guess that puts us in an elite group. Only one car had to be trailered home. It was a 38 Packard. There were as usual many more Corvettes than Vipers.

This is a very popular cruise and registration will most likely be closed at about 100 participants since the restaurant we will be eating at will not be able to handle more than that. If you even think you would like to participate, I recommend you register as soon as possible. If it turns out that you cannot make it you can always cancel later. Last year several Vipers owners waited to see what the weather was going to be before they registered. Unfortunately the event filled up before that so they were not able to participate.

The registration form is at:
http://iloveoldcars.com/pbr10/#form

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don’t forget to reserve your place for this event. You can always cancel later if the weather doesn’t look good. As of January 10th fifty have registered so it’s filling up fast.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard, I reserved spots fo three of us. So, you will have some company this year. Greg is also registered. See you there!

Matt

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard, I reserved spots fo three of us. So, you will have some company this year. Greg is also registered. See you there!

Matt

Great! The long range forcast is calling for a high of 50. That's almost top down weather. I normally go top down at 55. I don't know if I can talk Kathy in to putting the top down at 50 or not.

See you Saturday.

Howard

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good! Hope the weather holds up. We will likely all caravan down and show up at the same time, so keep an eye out for us. See ya there.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Polar Bear Run is a very popular event in Richmond. There were about 80 participants including five Vipers. Below are some photos of the event. Here we are getting ready to start the run.

IMGA0296.JPG

IMGA0297.JPG

IMGA0298.JPG

IMGA0301.JPG

IMGA0299.JPG

IMGA0300.JPG

We cruised to Page Customs in Oilville, VA. This is a restoration shop just west of Richmond. These are shots of the parking lot.

IMGA0302-restoration_shop_parking_lot.JPG

IMGA0304-restoration_shop_parking_lot.JPG

We looked at several cars ongoing restoration.

IMGA0306-1949_Cadillac_under_restoration.JPG

IMGA0305-Mustang_and_Cadillac_under_restoration.JPG

Here is a completed Camero.

IMGA0303-restored_Camero.JPG

We ate at Brothers Italian Restaurant and then the Vipers made a side trip to B. J. Motors to check out Bernie's inventory however he was not open.

V

Venomiss

Very nice pictures of the run. Looks like the weather held up enough and five Vipers in January is pretty good!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi