Police Officer Faces Charges for Viper Crash

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seeing the pic, I bet he's feeling just lucky to be alive.

My dad was killed on his motorcycle by a driver pulling in front of him, guy got 30 hours of commiunty service, don't have to be a officer to get off in our court system.

Sure doesn't hurt though. Sorry about your dad.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been motocrossing since I was 11. Two things you learn really fast. The first thing you learn is that you DO NOT ride fast until you are familiar with the path, course, track, etc. Ditches, wetlands, etc can come up on you faster than you can react. The second thing you learn is you NEVER ride fast on a bike you are not familiar with. The powerband, braking, steering (especially on YZ's), handling, etc is all different.

Now, translate to cars. One thing I NEVER do is drive "spirited" in unfamiliar territory...and I rent exotics all the time when I travel. The second thing I never do is push these cars until I have at least a day or of driving them and I am familiar with the streets, tracks, etc that I am driving on.

Bottom line is this cop was a fool. Plain and simple. And quite honestly, the guys renting this guy a Viper were foolish as well. Next thing you know you will be able to rent a 1400 cc Suzuki Hyabusa...all you will need is a license and a credit card....and maybe a well written Will.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad story. The officer looks like a total f'ing tool! What a loser. That being said, NJ cops are amongst the worst and most corrupt IMO. That's all based on personal experience.