POLL: After seeing new photos, who likes the 2003 look?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Those new pics show that the RT still kept some of the old Viper lines. I liked it so much I told Bill P. to add me to the list.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Love it, I want/need it and fortunately I put my name one the Woodhouse list about 8 months ago and I am number 14 on that list - I Praise my self for having that much forsight.

Hans Christian

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. It is a clean design, IMO, and am glad the downforce aids are under the car - though do not deny it lacks some of the drama of the original. I suspect I may like the coupe even better. Love the specs, BTW.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glory be and praise to me also. Insight is a wonderful thing. I am glad I am so durn smart. Now I just need to worry about color. Black would be REAL NICE.

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<FONT face="Arial">I am really sorry but I don't like the new look at all. The previous versions have all been VIPER, this is a mix of several models; side/front BMW Z3; rear lights MB; just behind the front wheels Mustang (which makes it plastic). I hope the look on the creature is better in real life.</FONT f>

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy Team Viper took the styling cues from the next generation GTS-R racecar to develop this new street car rather than designing a street car and then trying to force it into a racecar.

I truly believe all the naysayers will be astounded when they see this car in person.

Mega kudos!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new 2003 also. If I had a choice though I would rather have the rear end of the new GTSR and lower front end effects. I really like the design Venom 2K came up with on the new RT10 - Wait I am Venom 2K.

I am also on the top of the Woodhouse List for the 2003. I can't wait!

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes it so well, she says she wants to sell her Z3 2.8 and get one! I thought I'd never see the day! Personally, I'll wait for the GTS model, if DC decides to produce it. Until then, I'll just hang on to my crummy old '00 GTS ;-). Who knows what will happen in the next few years? Gas prices may jump so high, or regulations may get so rediculous, or the economy may tank, so that exotics may just be a thing of the past. Remember the dark ages of the american automobile (1976-1984 in my opinion)? Look at all the folks here who have chosen, for whatever personal reason, to sell their car to get the cash out of it. I don't mean to paint a bleak picture for the future. Maybe it's just the whole energy crisis here on the west coast. And I realize that you can never have enough horsepower. I just read xtrmbkini's post regarding the tone of this board as of late and got bummed. Ok, ok, I'm rambling now......enough.....

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the looks, but I love the attention to detail!

Whether you like the looks or not, this is a Viper that was designed from top to bottom because of what Viper Owners told Team Viper they wanted.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By this poll I can see Dodge did a great job "Barbie Vetting" the viper. It's going to appeal more to the general population and loose it's masculine, hot rod look. With future changes it's only going to get more wedge like and straighter until it looks exactly like a MR-2 / S-2000, etc. Why change a winner so dramatically?

Gerald

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Barbie Vetting? Silly! Everyone knows Barbie can't drive a stick!

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it (but I wish it had stayed a little closer to the GTS-R concept) and I will probably buy one. However, I will also keep my 97GTS because it is still my favorite in terms of looks. I don't mind sacrificing a little in looks for improved performance/reduced drag, so from what I have seen and read, the Gen3 should be a real winner.
The best of all possible worlds for me would be to own a Gen2 and a Gen3.

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, and will probably purchase a GTS when they come out. Although, I do agree that the hood resembles a Camaro, and the styling is not as wicked as the GTS-R concept. The Gen I and II Vipers have that unmistakable Viper look. They are real head-turners, and I am afraid that this car will not be readilly recognised as a Viper, but rather as just another sports car. I am anxious to see what the GTS will look like-especially with some stripes. I think it will look more aggressive and please the Viper community more than the 03 RT/10 does now.

Tim

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm a ragtop man so I sent my deposit to Woodhouse and am on the list. By the way does anybody know if this is going to be designated an RT/10?