• No

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • ALMOST!

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Invadermoose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should note, this only applies if it was your fault. It doesn't count if someone rear ended you or someone in a minivan changed lanes into you. This is for if through your own error you wrecked your Viper. Curbing a wheel doesn't count, I'm talking an actual wreck. I'm just gathering some statistics, it could be interesting.

EDIT: No, I dont work for an insurance company ;)

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should note, this only applies if it was your fault. It doesn't count if someone rear ended you or someone in a minivan changed lanes into you. This is for if through your own error you wrecked your Viper. Curbing a wheel doesn't count, I'm talking an actual wreck. I'm just gathering some statistics, it could be interesting.

Do you work for the insurance industry?......perhaps Geico?

Cheers,
George

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poll wouldn't count if you did count years of ownership and miles.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
too supersticious to answer this question or however you spell this damn word... you know what i mean:D

OP
OP
I

Invadermoose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you work for the insurance industry?......perhaps Geico?

Cheers,
George

NOPE, I'm shopping around for my own Viper and I'm trying to figure out how hard these things are to drive

The poll wouldn't count if you did count years of ownership and miles.

You're right, someone who drives 1,000 miles a year has a smaller chance of wrecking it than someone driving 20,000 a year, but I'm just going to try to keep it simple.

Last edited:

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just respect the car the first couple of months that seems to be the highest percentage of crashes occur and NEW TIRES are a must .

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOPE, I'm shopping around for my own Viper and I'm trying to figure out how hard these things are to drive

You're right, someone who drives 1,000 miles a year has a smaller chance of wrecking it than someone driving 20,000 a year, but I'm just going to try to keep it simple.

In that case they are super simple to drive if you never exceed the speed limits on corners, drive in the rain too fast and avoid "deer". Not following those three rules will increase your chances of a wreck exponentially.

Remember, the average street is only about 12 to 15 feet wide. If you hot dog it, are you good enough to keep 500 plus hp from slipping either 4 feet to the left or the right? If you are, you'll never wreck while "pushing" it. But, watching professional race car drivers make stupid mistakes all the time and wreck, what chances do us mere mortals have? I've heard a rumor that Dodge gave a Gen 4 Viper to a pretty famous Nascar driver (I'm guessing he was driving for a Dodge team at the time)......and guess what, he wrecked it. So the story goes.....

Good luck,
George

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-1 for "Almost" ---> +1 for "NO"
I am as cautious while drive my ACR as to when I ride my bike. As a matter a fact, for all of my vehicles. I can not afford to crash any vehicle and in my area, there are A LOT of bad drivers with poor habits.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pulling out of the dealership when I bought it. Went across 3 lanes of traffic sideways. RIGHT AFTER the sales manager says something to me like... 17% of new viper owners don't make it home with out damaging the car on the first drive.

Respect for the power and torque, I have.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I drive mine very carefully--I respect the car too much to over drive my ability level. Last thing I want is to hurt another person due to my stupidity with a car like a Viper. I get great satisfaction driving the car safely.---Dave

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does going 120 mph sideways through the weeds at Thunderhill Raceway count? Lol, all I damaged was the clear wrap on my rocker. Replaced clear wrap, good as new.

There is no more thrilling and satisfying car to drive on the track or street than the Viper. If you get a Gen V and leave traction and stability control on and are a reasonably competent driver, you have nothing to worry about. On the track, it's best to have some skill at knowing how to gracefully recover if it gets squirrelly. It's not as forgiving as some cars but is very controllable and wicked fast if you have some level of tracking skill. It is a dream to drive on the track, just amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32