Poll ......new coupe.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to keep this to those who have physically gone to LA or Detroit, and have SEEN the new coupe with THEIR OWN EYES!!!!!!!

Is the new SRT Coupe.

Winner. :D
Indifferent. :confused:
Loser. :rolleyes:

Again, people that have put in the time to go see it only. THANKS

I'll start
:D

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks far better than the average car but I feel that the integration of the top was very poorly done. There are two totally different styling themes going on. I was dissapointed after seeing the car in person.

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it in LA. It is a nice car but not different enough to make me buy one. If I didn't own a viper at all I would be tempted but it did not have the WOW factor difference like the 96GTS had compared to the RT10. I vote a jaded indifference

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Extremely dissappointed. So much so that I'm looking for a GTS to go with my RT/10.

Reaction score
I am a Viperholic and brand loyal to DC, even with rental cars.

To get my $$ for a coupe is must have more power,go on a diet, be faster than a Z06 Vette. Second place to a Corvette or Ford GT or Mustang or new generation Cobra is not acceptable.

I am sure the SRT members are working on a new motor for 07 emissions so there is an opportunity to meet the new emissions and pump-up the power. Engine Certification is a big deal because it is Big Dollars. The 06 Viper will be fresh fodder for the Z06 Vette!

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... The 06 Viper will be fresh fodder for the Z06 Vette!
Really--the jury's out until a production vehicle hits for some real world testing and this may not happen for another six months or so. Also, isn't the GM plant having some issues that have prevented a full ramp up with the C6 convertible production and that model was released some time ago. How smooth will the Z06 intro be especially with its specialty building characteristics we just do not know but surely there is time for DC to further step up Viper performance.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it in LA. I really like the new coupe. Much more than the SRT 10 Covertible. I am going to buy either this or the new Z06 for 2007 - depending on prices and official testing between the two. I am hoping that for it's second year it will have a HP increase.

I think it looks bad ass. To me a step in the right direction design wise.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw it last night in LA and it was much worse than I thought. What a mediocre effort on the part of DC. There are just too many interrupting lines and surfaces that conflict with each other. My '96 looks 10 times better and evokes more emotions than any of these SRT-10's. Sorry folks they are just too boring and un-emotional.

The only thing different than the VOI car was the stripes and the polished wheels (the VOI car had tapering stripes). Don't believe the BS coming out of DC that they reworked the rear fenders and rear spoiler.

Wake up DC!

There was more of a crowd around the SRT-8 Magnum than the Viper...

I have lost a tremendous amout of respect for DC's designers. The ME-412 was the only fresh look that has come from DC in years (the Firepower looks promising). I can't wait to see the **** that they are trying to pass off as a Charger.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the German Owners came in it has all changed. The Viper as we knew it, wild, exciting and in your face quick is no more. Many of the guys at Dodge who were responsible for the wonderful Viper of old are gone. The Corvette ZO6 actually has Viper owners considering it and why not with all that power and engineering plus performance going for it. However it still leaves something to be desired in my mind in the "looks" department. I have moved on to to other cars but will always have fond memories of the "Dodge Viper" when it was THE car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456