Positive SUGGESTIONS to aftermarket SRT-10 parts

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Houss said it best in another thread....lets give some creative suggestions as to what we would like to see improved or made for the SRT-10. Here's mine: Aftermarket rocker covers. Change the shape from the current angular backwards cut to the rounded, forward shape of the current car. It would work, I've seen several photo-shop 'modifications' and it looks great. Someone could make a lot of $$ if they got it right. Also, a set of headlight covers that bring back the look of the current 'snake eye' headlights would be great.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron Weikart from NY produced some GREAT looking Viper front end pieces. I gave those to PVO in February, but like most future stuff, they are in the "no comment" mode. All I can say is that if either of Ron's looks make it to a future Viper then you can rest assured that the Viper will be the "villain" getaway car in any and all future movies. BTW, Ron is the person responsible to making that great mid-engine Viper we have posted previously on the site!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hardtop should be first.. I just hope it looks like the CC top complete with air-scoop on top.

I'm not really into the aftermarket "appearance" products - to me, wings, wider wheels, chrome guages and all that stuff looks kind of cheesy... but I would LOVE to see any and all performance parts that folks have to offer. Like we have our filters and tubes for the GTS - similar stuff for the SRT would be nice.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the GTS-R might have wider (slightly) more flared fenders in the front as well. Im not too hot on the idea of the kit. At the same time if Lingenfelter offered a "package" then add $50K on top of $80K, thats F-car territory.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the side slash could use some work. The side slash on the doors should angle more sharply upwards towards the bulge in the rear fender. It sorta rams into the bulge and doesn't follow the curve. There should also be a duct (similar to the GTS-R) over the rear wheels. Would add interest.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with MIke. I think the most important item to tackle first is the Hardtop. They have to do this right the first time. I am sure Autoform will also make a Hardtop, and it will be nice.
It would be nice to have the SRT-10 with a bada** hardtop, and also a GTS version in a couple years that takes on a different look!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smokin,

This is what I don't get - bear with me, I'm being serious about this question...

There is another thread on here with pics of the GTS/R concept. Don't you think, that if you took an SRT and added a top with a scoop, that it looks like the GTS/R concept? Or is it just that it somehow "works" on the GTS/R but not on the SRT?

The only difference I see is the "vents" in the rear 1/4 panels. Well, of course the splitter and ground effects - but they dont change the overall curves.

The problem with doing a bodykit is that it's always gonna be a "kit". I never put anything like a Greenwood or Callaway kit on my Vette because it was always a kit.

On the other hand, if one of the tuners did something like a coupe conversion and actually got manufacturer status like Saleen or Callaway, mayeb they would have something there that folks would pay $$$$$s for.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vic,

I think you and AgentF1 should get together. You can start your own group called "guys with Corvettes that like to act like they like and want Vipers, but really just like to stir up the bees nest, but are in reality afraid of bees"
laugh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187