Possessed horn?

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I am out for a drive today, and my horn starts randomly going off at length. Had to hit the steering wheel to get it to stop. About a minute later it does the same thing. Anyone else have the same issue?

A comedy skit by Brian Regan came to mind during the whole ordeal, which in actuality made me laugh about it. I felt like shouting out the window "go my favorite sports team, score a goal unit basket." LOL

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many have had the issue including myself. Wait until it goes off in your garage at 3 a.m. when you're trying to sleep. The fuse box is under the hood on the drivers side. I pulled it for now as I don't trust the average dodge dealer to butcher my steering wheel. What a joke.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Embarrassing as hell. Imagine being stopped behind a state trooper with it going off? Oh man. It also shouldn't pass state inspection like that. SRT owes more than a certificate; they owe an apology.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took mine to the dealer today to get updates done and check on the horn issue. They ordered some parts for the horn and I think he said the right side controls of the steering wheel, where launch control, etc is would have to be replaced too? I have to take it back when they get the parts in.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I had the dealer fix the horn issue about a week ago. I don't know all the details, but any Viper tech should have access to the info. As I mentioned in my last post I think they replaced something in the center of the steering wheel and the right side controls. My horn actually works now, and so far it hasn't gone of randomly. If anything else happens I'll let you guys know.