Possible E-bay scam for Roe Blower

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been watching a polished Roe Blower on e-bay. I have contacted seller several times with no response. Do not know if this is a scam or seller is out of reach. I have retracted my offer based on this. Here is Item http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=130144758554&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003 . If anybody knows who this could possible be or lend and legitimacy to this sale I would be grateful.

Thanks
SNKVENOM

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Maybe scam for Roe

The ad appears legit. The account name evokes more confidence since it has "viper" in it and the seller is auctioning Viper parts. On the other hand, it could be a very resourceful scam artist.

I also didn't notice any of the common phrases that are in scams, such as "email me at this address, or call ***."

If you have not gotten any responses to your attempts to contact him it, you did the right thing in retracting your bid. I would also contact ebay and let them know the seller is not responding. You may be able to prevent someone else from being scammed.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or it could be the seller is just a loser and does not know how to run an eBay business. That is not the first time the unit has been listed. 100% pos feedback also means nothing. As a seller, I never leave feedback for the buyer until they've left feedback for me. And my feedback is 100%. I've also never screwed anyone or misrepresented an item, but if you do, you can use the previous feedback strategy as your savior.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I posted this same response over in the OTHER site so again here goes...
Dont you think that if it WAS a scam the seller AKA scam artist would accept or counter offer some of the many offers they have clearly already received rather than simply turn several down. Is it NOT THE POINT of a scam TO MAKE MONEY. Kind of hard to do if you aren't collecting any from the people offering to send it... my .02

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

That kit was built in about mid 2003.
The injectors will support up to about 580 RWHP at stock pressure.
It only fits '96-'02.
Chroming costs about $400.
VEC2 should be updated and inspected.
I don't know who's it is.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hijack :)
I've got one I'm thinking of selling. It's almost the same and is polished but without injectors or the VEC2. The tubes are red though.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the cost difference i really think its worth buying a NEW kit from Roe (or one of the vendors). You will always find some screw, bracket, or item missing from a used kit and trying to locate what is missing can be a PAIN. Not to mention you will have to buy a crank pin kit from roe as you wont get that with a used kit and its something you HAVE to have.

The money spent on getting the Vec checked out, crank pin kit, belt, misc hoses or other items might just make it worth the cost of a new one, with a warranty.

Good luck!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the cost difference i really think its worth buying a NEW kit from Roe (or one of the vendors). You will always find some screw, bracket, or item missing from a used kit and trying to locate what is missing can be a PAIN. Not to mention you will have to buy a crank pin kit from roe as you wont get that with a used kit and its something you HAVE to have.

The money spent on getting the Vec checked out, crank pin kit, belt, misc hoses or other items might just make it worth the cost of a new one, with a warranty.

Good luck!

$7500 new - $5800 ebay = $1700 saved + headaches as pointed out.

Like Mccarlin said, my time's worth way more than that.

I would never buy used hot rod parts unless I knew the seller personally.

OP
OP
S

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

V10Kingsnake the reason I suspect a scam is someone answering an e-mail requiring information about that account can hijack an account in many ways. So an account with 100 % means nothing without follow-up. As to the acceptance of an offer to make money one would run the course of the Auction as not to draw any unusual attention and then strike in the 11th hour. If it was legit why not have the curiosity to respond to a fellow Viper owner? I have noticed someone also bid with the name of V10kingsnake. If this is you my friend I do this to protect and draw notice to all of our Viper community. Someone tried to scam me on a car sale before. When contact is made you can tell by the spelling and grammar that is used if it is a potential scam. Someone avoiding contact would do this not to disclose their broken English or odd phrases. Be careful!!!

I was hoping to get more of a bargain on the sale price.

GTSnake please PM me with info and how much

Thanks
SNKVENOM

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

May I kindly suggest that you EDIT the title of your post to "Ebay Scam on Roe Blower?" or some such..... at first glance, a casual observer (WHO MIGHT NOT READ THE THREAD) might think badly of an excellent VCA vendor.......

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

May I kindly suggest that you EDIT the title of your post to "Ebay Scam on Roe Blower?" or some such..... at first glance, a casual observer (WHO MIGHT NOT READ THE THREAD) might think badly of a VCA vendor.......

Great post JB. Exactly what I thought, and why I had to read the post. To see what all the fuss was about, when there really is no fuss.

OP
OP
S

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Maybe scam Ebay for a Roe

I apologize to Sean Roe for the misleading title. I would change it if I knew how too. I can only edit the contents of my post not the title. If a mod here can edit it I would appreciate it. I certainly do not want to piss off the guy I may be buying a new supercharger from. Sounds like New is the way to go. You guys and Sean basically gave the info that I was asking the seller for anyway. Thanks for your Time.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Maybe scam Ebay for a Roe

I apologize to Sean Roe for the misleading title. I would change it if I knew how too. I can only edit the contents of my post not the title. If a mod here can edit it I would appreciate it. I certainly do not want to piss off the guy I may be buying a new supercharger from. Sounds like New is the way to go. You guys and Sean basically gave the info that I was asking the seller for anyway. Thanks for your Time.

Send a PM to one of the moderators and they can edit the title for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te