Possible ebay scam on this '94 RT/10?

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I was lookin for a RT/10 on ebay, just b/c I was bored and was wonderin what the goin prices are for them on there right now. I'm amazed at how much the prices have dropped on them :omg: Anywho, I came across this one

Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 150361232761 end time Jul-30-09 21:51:54 PDT)

and, not only is it close to me, but VERY affordable! HOWEVER, the description says it has no a/c....but lookin at the interior pic, there are a/c controls and vents. Now, I know just a little about Vipers, and some of the things to look for (such as stress cracks in the hood and the sides) but I've never seen one without a/c. :dunno: Common sense tells me that it wouldn't (or shouldn't) have vents and controls, but I JUST wana make sure this is a scam by verifying that. (ie maybe no a/c could mean they had the vents and controls, but no hardware such as compressor, dryer, hoses, etc) which I would SERIOUSLY doubt but it seems like a HELL of a deal if this is a legit auction. Thanks for any advice! :D

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is probably legit. I see no reason that a scammer would bring up the AC issue if they weren't questioned. Seems like an honest seller.

Interested to know if it was an option though...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 1s didn't all have airconditioning. 96 was first year for a/c standard I think. ACR could have it deleted though. search Viper historical society for specifics.

The HEATER controls and vents will, of course still be installed in all cars. A/C doesn't have special vents, it uses the heater vents and controls.

Looks like a screaming deal. Now if you drive there and there's no such address (like the scammer that had my Daytona ShelbyZ for sale on ebay) - that's a scam SOB that should be jailed of shot(in texas).

Ted

Ted

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that in 94 was the first year that AC was available as a factory options rather than dealer. I think the Ebay Auction is legit. Only that before buying mine which wasn't too far from the price on that auction, I was offered one at $21k but it was in washinton state. And still there! The dealer though had no top nor windows with it. And the only other 94 in town here bought his around $23k with no windows and no top. So $24 sounds pretty good find if you ask me! :) that's just my 2 cents!

OP
OP
N

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The HEATER controls and vents will, of course still be installed in all cars. A/C doesn't have special vents, it uses the heater vents and controls.
Ted

I'm an idiot :rolleyes: I didn't know that if a Viper didn't have a/c that it would STILL have heater and vent controls. I figured it just wouldn't have anything :D I know enough to look for stress cracks on the car but have no idea about the a/c :dunno: :DThanks everyone for the info!!! :2tu:

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not think it has ABS as stated in the safety feature first year for ABS 2002 I think.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABS first introduced in 2001. Obviously rims have been replaced with late Gen2 rims. His pics are too small to really make out any details.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think ebay defaults ABS on all Viper listings.

The early cars that do not have AC just have a little black sticker over the snowflake on the controls. You can still add it if you find a wreck with all the parts. As far as I know the kits are all long gone.

You can see the sticker in his pick.

You must be registered for see images attach

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 93 with great AC and a 95 that either doesn't or needs a recharge. Both controls look the same, both have the snowflake.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my 95 rt10 on ebay a couple weeks ago,clean with ac and hard top,36k miles and it sat with a 22k buy it now, sold at 21500. I see them close to that alot.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 93 and there is no A/C. That was an option. The snowflake is on the car dash. It doesn't have abs unless it was added on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang