Possibly looking for 3" Mopar race mufflers

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I guess I should start this out by asking if anyone has ever seen a pair of the Borla 2.5" and Mopar 3" mufflers side by side. My understanding is the Mopar "street" exhaust was just the Borla kit without the tips. Is the 3" "race" exhaust the same general configuration with just larger inlet and outlet or is it a totally different construction? I assumed maybe it was still made by Borla, so maybe it was very similar.

Long story short, I have the 2.5" Borla system on my car and really like the sound, but am possibly interested in stepping up to the 3" system to better support the new cam I have. If they are generally the same mufflers just with different inlet and outlet sizes, I would hope they might have a similar sound. I'm also thinking about putting a cat in the system to tone the volume down just a bit as I'm currently entirely cat-less and the new cam has cranked up the volume just a little over where I would like it for all the regular driving I do. I know going to a "race" exhaust is a bit counterintuitive though, so just trying to see what is out there. I don't really care for the sound of Belangers or Corsas, though I'm not sure if I've ever heard just a Belanger cat-back or not. I already have M&M headers on the car.