Posting Photos

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order to answer some posts requesting installation questions, I'd like to post some JPG's of completed work. Everyone else knows how but not me
crying.gif
. Please help (you will need to explain in "posting JPGs for dummies" verse.

Thanks, Scott

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
Everyone else knows how but not me
crying.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not everyone, I'd like to know how also.
Thanks,
Mike

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know how also. I went to the Viper Media site and tried to enter some 72dpi images there but was refused. Please help!
Thanks
Bob K

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread up again because it doesn't seem to have caught the attention of the board lords &amp; programmers.

Where did the photo upload feature go? I paid my VCA dues and don't think it's unreasonable to expect this to be activated.

I would also like to have a quick login box available on the main BBS screen.

Thank you.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Go to the media section, and get logged on as a registered user. You will need to create your own folder. It will prompt you to enter a password so you can log on and make changes to your folder. Then upload photos from your computer into your folder on the VCA website. (When in the media section, there will be some text button that you click on to upload photos, but it only works if you are a registered user, so you gotta set up your account first) When you make a post, click on the option for adding an image. A dialogue box will open up, prompting you to enter the URL for the image you want to post. Go to your folder in the media section, find the image you want to post, and right click on it to show the URL under properties, then copy this URL for the photo. Go back to your post, and add the URL in the text field of the dialogue box.

This probably makes very little sense to anyone reading. I'm gonna go through it again, and see if I can't put it down step by step.

You think Sean Roe will trade me a blower for this? Its autographed by Mario Andretti, Paul Tracy, Emerson Fittipaldi, Rick Mears, AJ Foyt, Roger Penske, Bobby Unser, Al Unser Jr, Eddie Cheever, Danny Sullivan. I think there may be someone else on it too. You can see more of it under user "Vic" in the media section.

180adj_d_image_8-thumb.jpg

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason it hasnt been added is that the code which did that was written in Perl for UBB. We have since migrated to Threads with is written in PHP. Since there is no PHP version of that feature available, it would mean writing it from scratch.

We are a bit short on PHP programmers at the time (those willing to volunteer their time, at least); which means some things may not get done or others will take time.

There is a similiar feature which allows for attachments to be added to a post built into Threads. However, there is no adminstrative interface for that. You attach a file to a message and there are no space limitations (as the UBB code provided for), nor does it provide a simple UPLOAD tag to use the photo in other messages. The Web Committee has yet to tell us if we can activate this feature - or under what condiitons (i.e. VCA Members Only).

In the meantime, there are the Image Galleries and Media sections which allow photos to be uploaded to VCA servers and used in VCA posts.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The reason it hasnt been added is that the code which did that was written in Perl for UBB. We have since migrated to Threads with is written in PHP. Since there is no PHP version of that feature available, it would mean writing it from scratch.

We are a bit short on PHP programmers at the time (those willing to volunteer their time, at least); which means some things may not get done or others will take time.

There is a similiar feature which allows for attachments to be added to a post built into Threads. However, there is no adminstrative interface for that. You attach a file to a message and there are no space limitations (as the UBB code provided for), nor does it provide a simple UPLOAD tag to use the photo in other messages. The Web Committee has yet to tell us if we can activate this feature - or under what condiitons (i.e. VCA Members Only).

In the meantime, there are the Image Galleries and Media sections which allow photos to be uploaded to VCA servers and used in VCA posts.

Uh, yeah, thats it! I was going to say that very thing there, uh, about the PHD and stuff. :p