Powder Coating Stupidity

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had ours done last winter for $40 total. He even shined up and clear coated the logo stuff so I don't have to monkey around with 3M pads anymore. It's an industrial powder coating place near here that does misc. parts once a week or so. I am very satisfied with the work.

imageCAC8XF16.jpg

Not a very good picture, but they look a lot better than the factory red with the black blower

IMG_7918.JPG

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $40 that's a heck of a deal. Any bubbles or wrinkles on it? Can they do it in red?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you just get another set?

Out of money. I'm only an E5 in the military, limited salary. I have spent a lot of money on the viper over the past few months and I am completely tapped out on extra funding or I would. They will have logos, just won't be raised.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $40 that's a heck of a deal. Any bubbles or wrinkles on it? Can they do it in red?

No, they came out very good I think. They had multiple colors on a board, but not sure if 'Viper' red valve cover was among them

Here is the website: Peninsula Powder Coating

Out of money. I'm only an E5 in the military, limited salary. I have spent a lot of money on the viper over the past few months and I am completely tapped out on extra funding or I would. They will have logos, just won't be raised.

Good luck with however you go. This may be a place to consider for any future stuff to help contain costs.

Steve

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already shipped them today to R&J Distributing. I can attest to their work since they have done other parts on my car including the calipers. Definitely the best powder coating I have seen.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok to revist an old thread my valve covers will be here tomorrow, FINALLY! They have been through hell and hopefully they will have turned out good. I had to go with Gen 3 lettering because the Gen 2 lettering with the heat logos was too difficult and was thought not to be able to be a lasting effect. So gen 3 it is. Crossing fingers..

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I can't beleive you went thru all of that. I live near JMB Performance and Powdercoat. I took my car over and they pulled my old covers off and bolted on a set that he already had coated (1 for 1 swap). He does a ton of Viper stuff and is one of the best powdercoaters in the business.

Mine look awesome.:2tu:

P9270300.JPG

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want jmb's intake setup but it is a little too pricey for me at the moment. Eventually I will do business with him, just will be a while unless he cuts me a nice military discount :).

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok after a couple months in the making R&J Distributing was able to salvage some really messed up covers and they turned out pretty damn good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need pictures of them intalled!!!! :2tu:

Getting there. Last on my priorty list. Its not enough someone tried to kick in my garage door, I go to change my front porch bulb yesterday and blew out half the outlets in my house somehow. Wasn't a bad circuit breaker so I have to fix that first. If it ain't one thing its another!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time I think about powder coating valve covers I'm going to re-visit this thread, forget it!

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, don't forget it. Just go with a company who has done Viper covers before and not one that says it will be no problem locally. Spend the extra money. I can vouch for R&J, the yellow looks great, much better then my local company tried to give me.