power steering fluid

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Want to freshen up the power steering fluid on my 94 and 97. Would rather not pay the viper tax for fluid at the dealer....What fluid do you recommed?

Thanks in advance

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using RedLine. You can also use Mopar Power Steering Fluid (SM) (Mopar #4883077) or Mopar PSF "All Climate" (#5010304AA)

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Valvoline Synpower synthetic power steering fluid on my 95 for years. No problems or issues.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using Redline now, but since I don't plan on tracking the car more than a few times a year, I'd be satisfied with any of the synthetics from the major manufacturers. More important that you maintain the system, and keep the levels up and the fluid clean.

tzoid9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amsoil Power steering fluid or GM Cold Climate Power Steering fluid. Both rated exceptionally high

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your worried about vipertax one one bottle of fluid?

I dont remember how much it is but im running the mopar stuff. We're only talking about a few bucks more than off the shelf stuff. The real savings is in changing the fluid yourself:2tu:

If it hasnt been done, upgrade your PS pulley&bracket while your at it with the ROE or BBD units.

jbrian31

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid $12 for a quart of Mopar PSF from the dealer, pretty cheap maintenance.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cold climate versions of PSF are synthetic and will have a little more anti-wear additive. Texaco used to supply lots of this to GM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4