Pre-Oiling/Accumulator Systems Now Available!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here it is folks, the Real Deal in Pre-oiling systems and accumulators.

These are Piston Type systems which incorporate many options and the absolute best in component quality to assure the best in reliability.

These systems will virtually eliminate start-up engine wear, as well as doubling as an accumulator for track/hard driving related oil starvation problems.

Systems will be a Built To Order, come assembled, with very simple directions on how to complete the installation. It will be made of of TOP NOTCH equipment, incorporate a piston-type accumulator-(The BEST), Electric valving, and have available a few other optional enhancments. They will require only 10 or so bolts/screws to install, one hose, and one wiring connection to complete.

This system will take 10+ hours of guesswork, Component Locating, assembly, trial and error, and mess making, and make it a non-issue.

Installation can be completed in 2-3 hours with basic, minimal tools.

The form for ordering is contained below in quotation marks.

Please read the form entirely to be sure your vehicle qualifies for this particular design before ordering, I am currently working on variations to suite other peoples needs.

"Accusump Pre-Oiling and Accumulator Ordering Form
Tunnel Style Form

PLEASE READ: This form is for TRANSMISSION TUNNEL MOUNTED SYSTEMS. This is the best location- it is “temperature friendly”, offers excellent protection from debris, and is totally out of sight and mind. This system CANNOT be used in any Gen-1 cars which utilize Transmission Tunnel Mounted Frame Torsion Bars, or in either generation car which employs Driveshaft Loops or a Tunnel Mounted Differential Cooler. This system was designed around generation 2 Vipers, 97-02 RT/10, and 96-02 GTS. I am currently working on the form for an ALTERNATE location in order to serve the Gen-1, and Driveshaft Loop/Differential Cooler equipped cars. If you have any questions or doubts, please call me.

Basic “Tunnel Style” Kit: Suitable for Pre-oiling functions, and minor accumulator duty- such as occasional hard street driving, short Auto-X courses, etc.

Includes: Assembly, 2-Qt Accusump w/safety valve & basic gauge, Hoses, Fittings, Adaptors, mounting clamps, Electric Valve Kit, and hardware.

Price: $700.00

Kit Upgrades:

1. “Rapid Refill Bypass”- Allows for MUCH faster recharge rates than the stock electric valve alone will cover. Cuts refill time from about 3 minutes to ~15 seconds. INCLUDED in the 3 & 5 Qt. systems, Optional on the 2-Qt. This is very necessary on any cars where the accumulator may have to function in rapid succession. (Tracks, hard driving, etc)

Price: Add $70.00 to Basic Cost

2. 3 Quart Unit- Recommended for extra protection, ESPECIALLY if you track your car, or drive very ******* the street. (Includes Rapid Refill)

Price: Add $85.00 to Basic Cost

3. 5 Quart Unit- The ULTIMATE system, the absolute highest level of protection that can be offered from Accusump Type Oiling Systems. Includes a separate Air Reservoir (A 1-Quart system is adapted for this duty), SS braided line for connection, 3 Quart upgrade, and a set of mounting clamps for the air reservoir. (Includes Rapid Refill)

Price: Add $275.00 to Basic Cost

4. Liquid Filled Gauge Upgrade- More accurate, bigger face- easier to read, Stainless Steel Construction.

Price: Add $30.00 to Basic Cost

5. Quick Disconnect- A Double Valve quick disconnect fitting is utilized between the rear of the oil line, and the Accusump unit itself which allows for a 5-second disconnect, no tools needed. This allows for only about 1 Tsp. of oil to be lost should the system be disconnected, rather than ~1 Qt that would be lost otherwise. The Double Valve feature also allows the engine to be run/car to be driven while the Accusump is disconnected. These are the highest-flowing QD’s I could get my hands on, more than enough.

Price: Add $40.00 to Basic Cost

-Shipping Costs from Accusump to V.S.P. are absorbed into my pricing.
-Shipping Cost from V.S.P. to the end user will be approx $15.00-$25.00 for UPS Ground Insured, depending on location.
-New York State residents are subject to 8.15% Sales Tax.
-Payment Types: Checks/Money Order, Credit Cards, PayPal at below e-mail address. (2.5% will be added to CC and PayPal orders)

Viper Specialty Performance
Buffalo, NY PH (716) 912-5336/FAX (716) 877-6563 E-Mail: [email protected]"

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Pre-Oiling/Accumulator Systems Now Available!

Sure Mike,

Here is a Picture of a "basic" system installed (early version, new one may differ slightly);

74Accusump_7-2.jpg

Here is a picture of the hose routing, attached to the frame;

74Accusump_6-2.jpg

Lastly, here is a pic of the setup that Ray White ordered. It is a 3Qt w/ Rapid Refill, and Quick Disconnect.

74PICT0002-2.jpg

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a note to let everyone know,I am very pleased with the system Dan provided. He made it easy enough for me to install without the need of anyone's help.

I have been wanting this type of system for 3 years,but due to fears of the cost of installation and having no confidence in air charged accumilators without pistons, I have had to wait.

There is no better feeling than starting your car with oil pressure and not hearing lifter noise.

Thanks again,Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Preface: In concept, I like extra oil capacity accumulators / pre-pressurizers.

But i wonder if that install will that pass SCCA or Viper Days Tech?

I like SOME accumulators, AccuSump being one......but IF that thing fails, (as quite a few inferior brands have done and were then discontinued) or a line fails, the exhaust appears to be very hot and very close. The terminal line fitting/ elbow seems like it could be vulnerable to FOD debris or off-road excursions?

In my SCCA E-crew career I have personally put out 2 under-car oil-exhaust fires and extracted one driver. (solo, thanks) I crewed others. Scary-bad.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

JON- Are you refering to the front, or the rear of the hose?

On the front, I did take care to keep it away from the exhaust. It is on the opposite side of the frame rail, nothing is hanging down, and in the case of the T-in fitting, it is up in engine compartment and protected. A customer could also mount the hose on top of the rail, with no other changes needed if they wished to.

On the rear, the exhaust runs no closer than 16-24 inches. All fittings are up inside the tunnel, only protruding a half inch or so from the edge. The QD coupler is completely inside the tunnel, so no risk of an unwanted disconnect. (even though it would seal itself anyway).

I see no reason why it wouldnt pass an inspection. Any part of an oil system, even on a stock car can be damaged with catastrophic results. With the combination of fittings and hose types that I have used, it should be able to handle most anything besides going off a cliff...lol.

As well, if you were looking at the first picture and refering to the elbow -(which I think you were)- There have been quite a few changes since that version, it was retired a long time ago. All fittings are now steel, no brass, as well as an extra support that has been added onto the outlying fitting assembly. All in all, it ends up to be a very sturdy configuration.

PS- do you feel that I should employ some type of a "shield", or do you have any other suggestions? If so, would you care to be the supplier of them, or do you know anyone that may? I would have no problem with that... just trying to throw some business your way, and you know more about the SCCA/Viper Days inspectors than I do.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The photos, (or my depth perception?) make it difficult to see the impact protection afforded by the skid plate. If its inside, that's a good thing.

These out-of-sight systems, normally prone to leaks if not "tended" can be a concern.

Remember, I LIKE the concept and the brand....

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

All systems are 100% tested before they go out the door, to check for leaks. :2tu:

I have had a total of 4 systems like Ray's installed on local Viper's for over a year now, no leakage problems in any of them. :2tu:

I do however definatly recomend an annual check-up for street Vipers, and a per-race check-up for cars that end up on race tracks. If you follow that routine, you should not ever have any surprises.

PS- LOCTITE. Learn it. Live it. Love it. LOL

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
is one heck of a tech too, he had my snake (gone now) :(
in his shop for this and that; everything was done to perfection.
congrats again !

my next snake will see you for "mods"
if you could only get DC to let you do warranty work....

Jim

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

JIM- Warranty work is no biggie, I have an agreement with Russ, he takes care of all that if I need him to.

(For anyone wondering, Russ is friend of mine who works at a dealer 1 mile from me who is a Viper Tech certified Gen 1 & 2, and in training for Gen 3.)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
NICE!!
on stop shopping, can wait to get back into a snake!
my new 4 bay garage is going to be alonely place for a bit....someday!!!

luke_1201

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Final GTS: Can you fix the links to the pics please?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Luke 1201- This post is WAAY outdated...prices, specs, and appearance would not be correct.

Send me a Private Message with an e-mail to send pictures to, and indicate if you are looking for a Gen-2 or a Gen-3 type system, and I can send some of the newer information.

Thanks,