Pre-ordering 10' or 11'?

BIFF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm highly considering a pre-order on a late model 2010 or 2011 (if Connor is still producing and Fiat hasn't given it the axe). I'm an aviator stationed in Atsugi, Japan flying old Grumman EA-6B Prowlers for VAQ-136 for you Navy types here. I will be getting my orders this January for a GSA (GWOT Support Assignment) and will be taking off from March till around December of 2010 to the sand box. That being said and being out of the states I know very little about the pre-order process. I will be returning to the US in January and plan on visiting a dodge dealership in the Pensacola / Southen Alabama region. My first question would be based on my timeline, can I order a 2010 knowning they will be produced and somehow work with the dealer to get a late model Viper to match my stateside return date? If I put money down to pre-order, is the price we agree on in the dealerhsip subject to change during the course of the year? Lastly, any info on Vipers being produced into 2011? Thanks.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biff, wow they still have those 6Bs flying - what a work horse.......there will probably be plenty of 09 Vipers floating around as I hear they are making them until December.....with the type of flying you do, you will love the ACR - with the busy dive planes,splitter and large CF wing in the back you don't need to worry about ground effect. You might look at Woodhouse and BJ Motor web sites, they ship all around the U.S. I don't know if 2010 orders are being taken at this time.....

OP
OP
B

BIFF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the sentiment, but my job is more fun than anything else. We have been lucky out here in East Asia with N Korea still only resorting to a war of rhetoric. Other than that it's been flying over the Great Barrier reef and visiting ports like Singapore, Manila, Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, and Hong Kong.

I imagine driving a Viper is simliar to flying the Prowler. For a tac jet, there are few electornic aids and is a unique flying experience giving it's low thrust to weight and center of gravity sitting further back and higher than most modern jets. It's basically an A-6E extended cab with two extra seats for the ECMOs (electronic countermeasure officers). It's a fun jet in that being a 4 seater, you never run out of stories or classic mom jokes to keep you and the other immature aircrew entertained.

The Asian culture and car influence has worn off on me out here and I even picked up a cheap highly modified single turbo supra only because the 98' I bought for only $20K would have been sold for about $60K as a 5th hand highly abused youtube wonder car. I thought about pre-ordering a GT-R but I still prefer to work for the excitement and know I'm in control not to mention most sports cars are going the hi tech way of the GT-R and the Viper truly is the last of its breed.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hope I can help with these answers:

My first question would be based on my timeline, can I order a 2010 knowning they will be produced

We are all assuming that 2010 is a GO, as information has been floating around regarding paint colors, etc.

..and somehow work with the dealer to get a late model Viper to match my stateside return date?

Surely, if your return date is December of 2010, any cooperating dealer will be able to have a giant red bow on your baby when you arrive.

If I put money down to pre-order, is the price we agree on in the dealerhsip subject to change during the course of the year?

Well, first and foremost, a pre-order contract is something that has to be scrutinized carefully. ALWAYS consider using one of the tenured dealerships that sponsor our VCA website as they are loyal to our Viper Nation. More than likely the contract will not specify the selling price of the vehicle, as they would have no information regarding this. What they may be willing to specify is $XXXX discount below MSRP or X% discount below MSRP or at a minimum "not to exceed MSRP".

Lastly, any info on Vipers being produced into 2011? Thanks.

Lots of gossip about a new gen car in the future, but nothing CLOSE to solid facts.

Most importantly, THANK YOU and have a safe assignment, and stay in contact with us! We're always the first to know about "all things Viper".

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not stuck on ordering one then Roysviper should still have an 09 ACR black/white with red stripe for sale. He lives right by Pensacola in Milton. Shoot him a PM. I will be back in Panama City when I get out of the sandbox. There's a few of us around Pensacola, Deston and PC so hit us up for cruse.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ordering one should be no problem , though currently no one has a specific date the order Bank will open for 2010 models. Most feel they will likely begin building them about the time you return. Colors , pricing, etc. are yet to be determined , but once ordered , with a deposit, you do have price protection from Dodge.

Appreciate your service and feel free to email me for any other questions ---- hopefully no problem working with a fellow aviator's son, though Dad was Air Force,ha?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Viper, SRT Mgr
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864
[email protected]
Welcome to Woodhouse | Woodhouse Auto Family | Bellevue Omaha Blair Nebraska | Missouri Valley Iowa

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Please let me simply agree with the sage comments from Joe and Bill...BUT, re-emphasize the fact that you should ONLY order your Viper from the cream-of-the dealer-crop...which is a very short list in my opinion. Orders may have been taken by many, but not all orders have been filled historically. Do not fall prey to this situation!!!

Fly well, stay safe, and have fun!!!