Pressure brake bleeding

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I always enjoyed being able to use a pressure brake bleeder on my 96 GTS. I'm a frequent bleeder and find it convenient to be able to bleed as often as necessary without requiring the help of a second person to pump the brake pedal. The special tools designated in the 96 service manual worked great!

I was looking forward to the same convenience on my CC. Unfortunately, the adaptor fitting designated in the SRT-10 service manual that screws on top of the brake fluid reservoir and connects to the pressure bleeder line does not function properly. I have purchased two of them from Dodge with the same result. It does not properly seal the opening in the fluid reservoir, so as soon as you pressurize the line, brake fluid oozes out of the adaptor fitting. Just looking at the new design on this piece, it looks like an obvious design flaw.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if PVO is even aware of it.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank....are you saying i can not use my Snap On power Bleeder on the CC's calipers?

OP
OP
Frank Parise

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the type of pressure bleeder recommended in the service manual; one that connects to the top of the brake fluid reservoir and pressurizes the system. You then crack open the caliper bleed screws one at a time. This system pushes the fluid out the calipers. It is not the kind of system that ***** the fluid out of the calipers.

BPearson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank...I am glad you mentioned this because I was just about to order the same reservoir adapter for me CC that is mentioned in the SRT-10 manual. I was a little disapponted to find the reservoir fitting I have been using to pressure bleed my RT/10 for several years didn't fit the CC and was going to order the new style. I can probably 3D model a new one that will work for the CC and just have it made, and fit it with a standard o-ring like the old unit. Let us know if you here anything from PVO on this issue in the meantime.

:usa:

OP
OP
Frank Parise

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Brett. The old fittings worked beautifully on my 96 GTS. I was dissappointed that it didn't fit my 01 ACR or my CC. If you are able to have a proper unit made, keep me in mind if you can make an extra. Do not even attempt to use the new one from the SRT-10 manual. Thanks.

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
frank,
on my 93 rt and 00 acr i always used the universal cap with chain and it worked great, unfortunately with comp coupe the cross brace prevents the use of the "larger" universal cap so i have been bleeding the regular old way while my pressure bleeder sits on the shelf....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456