Price Uptick on Used Viper SRT-10's?

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting that annual itch again to swap out the '06 for a Gen IV and it appears that prices are rising (eBay, Cars.com, autotrader.com). The net impact for me compared to 4-6 months ago is probably nil given that the uptick will likely mean more $$$ for my outgoing vehicle as well. Nonetheless, this seems to be a positive development for all of us and the Viper brand generally. Anyone else notice this?

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are asking crazy money for these cars...and the strange thing is that a new Viper is a bit cheaper here in Canada then a Z06, whereas in the US, the new Viper sells for much more than the Z and is much more expensive than a new Viper in Canada...it's really screwy.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I don't see it. Prices look to be about the same or a bit lower. Most of the cars on EBay are re listed week after week. The higher priced one's are the dealer's wishful thinking. Some are listing cars that I recognize from when I was shopping for a Viper last year.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They haven't even hit bottom yet. Wait till about feb and then check prices......

Only going DOWN

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine to drive. I don't look back at what I paid.....My 04 is a lot of fun to drive and race. I don't think the value is anywhere near what I paid but, not much different that any other car. Except it's fast, turns heads everywhere you go. runs 11.88 at the strip. Just ran with 23 cars last week Vettes, Vipers, Porsches, Farari, Gt350's. Very fun, very social. I think the Viper will be dead after 2010. Hang tight it may be worth more someday if thats your thing.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I justified buying the two I own to the wife as great long term investments, but I think even she has caught on to that. But on the other had, she justifies her art purchases to me as long term investments and I definitely have caught on to that.

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'm having a hard time finding those '08's in the low 60's that were all over the place just a few months ago. It doesn't impact me because, like I said, I'm just trading one for another. And, I also plan to drive it and not worry about resale. I mentioned it only because it seemed odd. I'll look again in a few weeks.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for those lookin for a good investment/if you think a vipers a good investment,you better put yourself on a leash,its about the worst investment you could get-i bought mine and understand that im gonna loose my axx on it..

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers arent a good investment????????? Crap what am I going to do with all these cars????????
You know it wasnt that long ago I wished I had dumped my 401K and bought a couple of Vipers!!!

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All it takes is the right person who wants your viper to pay a good price for it. If u hold onto your viper long enough and let it collect dusk, it'll probably be worth more then msrp one day. As for me, I'm driving mine.
All cars have tanked. I saw a 04 gallardo for 99k. Even with the vipers tanking they have held their price better then that as your still paying slightly more then half of msrp for gts's.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting that annual itch again to swap out the '06 for a Gen IV and it appears that prices are rising (eBay, Cars.com, autotrader.com). The net impact for me compared to 4-6 months ago is probably nil given that the uptick will likely mean more $$$ for my outgoing vehicle as well. Nonetheless, this seems to be a positive development for all of us and the Viper brand generally. Anyone else notice this?

I have been watching the 08's. Looking to move up from my 04. I believe the priced right cars are selling. Market has not changed. All depends on how motivated someone is to sell.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was happy with my purchase price--I feel like I could get out what I paid for it. Hold on long enough--they will be worth a good bit more.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what part of the Country you're in....remember that yellow/black ACR that was on Ebay and people said would be the last to sell (in S Florida),well went by the dealer and she is sold....and that dealer is not known to give away cars......

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my 06 vert. I felt that I bought it right, but I do not care about depreciation. I bought it because I always wanted one and now that I am retired it knew it was time. It will only be sold when I'm gone by my sons. Or one of them will take it.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid mine off yesterday and I am thinking about it as the last sports car I'll be buying for quite some time. It's exactly how I want it and it's faster than 99% of cars on the road. Now time to start saving and pay cash for my race track car!

Unless you hold it for quite some time, you will have plenty of depreciation ahead of you :)