Priciest speeding tickets.........

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we got clocked doing 188 Mph in the 30 Mph Zone,
The hell with those cops up there anyway

I believe here you would be going to jail. Not too funny. :confused:

well for one I was not driving and also the roads were dead at 1am and they are like highways there so it was not unsafe (well not anymore unsafe the 188 can be anyway)

I ment the hell with the cops for what they did to me (a year or more sooner) not for this.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
2. If I remember right over 400 bucks that hes STILL
paying in payments LOL. I was actually shocked they didn't
take his license.

I'm sorry, but if you can't payoff a $400 ticket then you
shouldn't be driving 188 in a 30. No pay no play. But $400
sounds like a gift at those speeds. My 112 in a 50 ran over
a grand and I wasn't even charged with reckless.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. If I remember right over 400 bucks that hes STILL
paying in payments LOL. I was actually shocked they didn't
take his license.

I'm sorry, but if you can't payoff a $400 ticket then you
shouldn't be driving 188 in a 30. No pay no play. But $400
sounds like a gift at those speeds. My 112 in a 50 ran over
a grand and I wasn't even charged with reckless.

I never said he CAN'T pay $400 (not saying hes rich but $400 is ohh gots) he chose to make payments.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I was in the car with a friend (his rice POS)we were parked on the side of the road (in a legal spot)waiting for his girlfriend, (this was across the street from her house because her driveway was full) so knowing im into american cars I was joking about the "maxwellhouse" exhaust, and unlike alot of ricers he admits those cars (his own included) are POS, so jokingly he revs it and looks over at me and says "the viper don't want none of this 4 ******" well about 30 - 40 seconds later, cop puts on his lights behind us, comes up, license and reg, gives him a ticket for noise, now the cars not THAT loud but ok, then this cop proceeds to make THE dumbest comment EVER "I like my cars cars too so if it were up to me i'd let you go except for 1 small fact" So I say whats the fact his reply "its a deaf child area" so of course I say "no disrespect to the deaf child but how the fu*ks he gonna hear it??" cop laughed and walked away. [W*T*F*]

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this cop proceeds to make THE dumbest comment EVER "I like my cars cars too so if it were up to me i'd let you go except for 1 small fact" So I say whats the fact his reply "its a deaf child area" so of course I say "no disrespect to the deaf child but how the fu*ks he gonna hear it??" cop laughed and walked away. [W*T*F*]

That is truly weird :confused:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had been clocked at 118 MPH.

What method? This was way before laser, and I would guess before radar...

I guess that makes us old ;) What they did was have a squad car fall in behind us and pace us. That's the way most/maybe all speeding tickets were issued back then. The cop told us he had to run faster than 118 to gain on us. We weren't paying nearly enough attention. Heck, I had the seat reclined and was trying to take a little snooze when we got pulled over. There was no sense arguing with him. We were going that fast. Some stretches we drove at 125-130 for miles. Not nearly the traffic back then.

That old MG had an electric overdrive set up for 3rd and 4th gear on the steering column. We converted it to a foot dimmer switch. You could go from 0-110 in 3rd gear by stomping on the OD switch at 85 or so.

Steve

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said he CAN'T pay $400 (not saying hes rich but $400 is ohh gots) he chose to make payments.

I like the idea of making payments so they have to wait to get all their money in full, but if I was caught speeding that much over the speed limit and the fine was only $400, I wouldve paid it ASAP and got it over with before they decided the fine should be $4000

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was $350 30 years ago for "Your honor I spun through the median trying to miss officer X who had his left front tire ripped off trying to keep from hitting the guardrail after Mr. Z ran the roadblock. The chase continued and Mr. Z turned off his lights at approximately 115 MPH."

That was on a bike many moons ago before I learned my lesson. Youth and testosterone will get you everytime.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My recommendation to all the speeders is to avoid street racing and keep it under 30mph over the speed limit. Most states have bad penalties for exceeding 30mph over the speed limit that may include criminal (not civil) citation, reckless endangerment, jail time, impound potential and will require at least $500-$1000 in lawyer's time.

Once you get hit with a big one, you will think again.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AviP- You are a very wise and profound thinker. I have been secretly admiring all of your posts.

WOW...we could all learn from someone as rightious as yourself... I am humbled.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My recommendation to all the speeders is to avoid street racing and keep it under 30mph over the speed limit. Most states have bad penalties for exceeding 30mph over the speed limit that may include criminal (not civil) citation, reckless endangerment, jail time, impound potential and will require at least $500-$1000 in lawyer's time.

One of the smarter things I've heard in a long while! Last night I was with some friends who were in a C5 Z06 and 2 very modded Mustangs. As much as I wanted to say "hey, let's race", common sense (and a fear of skyhigh insurance rates) set in and we just cruised around together like civilized people :)

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of the smarter things I've heard in a long while! Last night I was with some friends who were in a C5 Z06 and 2 very modded Mustangs. As much as I wanted to say "hey, let's race", common sense (and a fear of skyhigh insurance rates) set in and we just cruised around together like civilized people :)
Man Chad you have self control, i would have said Lets race lol!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell these two incidents to folks, and each time I do, I feel like a *****. Doesn't seem like my personality, I'm not an adrenalin *****, but I was ******* the gas when younger. But here goes. It's a decade ago.

Growing up, I didn't have much. Worked hard, went to school, and saved.. was a good kid. As I neared 20, I earned enough (and was blessed enough) to comfortably afford my first Viper. Bought it for myself for my 20th, it was a 94 RT/10 (still have it). I wasn't terribly aggressive, most people around me with sports cars were worse. But when there was an open road... I'd use it.

Incident 1: 124mph in a 40mph (resulted in arrest, went in front of judge, got hit hard. Ended miraculously)

Incident 2: 150+ in a 65 (cop pulled us over, 1 1/2 hour talk, in the end let us go. Another miraculous ending)

This is of course on top of the many times I didn't get caught.

Age does take some of it out of you. But I'm a firm believer in what formal track time does. Ever since I began racing, I don't feel the urge to set the streets on fire. Once you learn what you car can do (and what it can't do - on normal pavement) you respect the car more. In a way, I don't get the same rush "racing" on streets as I grew older. I of course enjoy driving the car wherever I go and hit the gas on occasion, but only find myself craving extremes on the track with my good friends in the club.

I didn't have to really learn the hard way in my case, but I still learned.

Avip said it best. Good rule to follow.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AviP and SmoknTires are right on the money. Race tracks are made for racing, not streets. One of these times an innocent kid is going to run out in front of a speeding car to retrieve his ball. Think about it guys. there are plenty of race tracks all over this country and you can rent them for the day and race in a safe environment. JMHO.