Problem with J. Hennessey

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,hmmmm. guess we share the same problem but he send you the
parts ..Me im waiting, and calling, sending emails no replay the last time HMS emailed me and asked me if i like them 2 ship my order ? Huh????????? i paid the shipping ? Total + shipping = $17,400.00 US DOLLARS.. i called HMS no replay Answering machine, im really disappointed i never ever saw a customer service like that, and i never expected that from HMS ! where is my parts i don't know, are they ready ? i don't know, i don't know if they EXIST!!! i was waiting for 60days now, the only problem that im a fan of HMS longtime ago,so i was waiting waiting waiting...so HMS send us the parts or send us the money we paid
pissed.gif
i hope he send you the parts ASAP,and im sorry for US!!!!!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question to all, Don't you think it's time that the VCA steps up and gets rid of the trash, or should members keep getting abused by HMS? It's not just me anymore reminding people of what he has done to me. How many of the same exact stories do we have to hear before something is done about this? The VCA has the power, protect your members!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark and all, I am not speaking for the VCA here, but as someone who has been around for a while, and been heavily involved with the VCA. At no time has the VCA ever endorsed a tuner or even a parts supplier. I think it is safe to say that the VCA promotes safe driving and encourages all it's members to spend their money on driver development rather than Viper up-grades.

That being said, each owner by right has the ability to do whatever they feel necessary to further the enjoyment of their Viper experience. To some this means "tuning" or "changing" their Viper. If someone makes this choice on an individual basis, then they must also deal with it as such.

Personally I think this crap *****. I do not think that it is right when ANYONE takes advantage of this great group of people. But, for every mad owner I have seen as many happy ones too. So who is to blame?

Here is how to avoid any possible problem, keep you car bone stock. Then the only one you have to deal with is Dodge. If you choose to do something to your car, then do your due diligence and make sure you are an educated buyer rather than a spontaneous one.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I'm not saying that the VCA endorses anyone. What I am saying is I believe it is safe to say that the VCA is fully aware of the wrong doings of HMS. There have been many posts as well as personal conversations which I have with VCA administration which support this theory. I know there have been many people who have been happy with HMS but there are many (and the number is still growing) of people who are not only dissatisfied, but actually ripped off for thousands of dollars. We as the Viper community simply shouldn't put up with this. HMS uses these forums as a tool to gain business. By allowing him to post he still uses this forum to find others who haven't heard about his bad reputation. I know they can do searches and should, but many don't. I don't believe that someone who has hurt so many of our members should still be allowed to post on this forum. Others have been kicked off for less!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark the VCA is fully aware of many accusations of many companies by many members. That does not give the VCA the right to ban anyone based on accusation. The VCA is not a court or jury, that is left for the States of this Nation to handle. And I must add that this would probably serve all those who have been wronged much better and more efficiently than the VCA could.

If you will, please read the statement below. This preamble is on page 12 of the VCA Bylaws, point #2. I think this explains a lot:

"The purpose of the Club shall be.....

2. To be unified voice for Viper Owners. To serve as a medium of exchange of ideas, information and parts for owners of the Viper, to aid in preserving these automobiles in the ORIGINAL LIKENESS."

The VCA is here for ALL members, but it should never be asked to choose between two of it's members because they have a dispute.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you pay, and if by card, hve them cancel the order. If not, get a lawyer here, and stand in a long line to try to get your money back.

I would like to see a thread of all the victoms and how much they lost. This looser should never post here again.

mark cooper, a victom a HMS,,

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I believe HMS has come out in some situations and admitted some of their wrong doings. The VCA doesn't have to be a judge and jury. All I am really saying is that it is common knowledge that HMS rips people off and steps should be taken to stop it. I know he is not allowed to advertise here anymore so that is a start, but most of his posts are advertisements anyway. You can copy and paste anything you want from the bylaws, but this is the VCA and if they know someone is deliberately hurting their members, something should be done about it.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark and Steve,,

It is common knowledge that HMS has taken parts and money from customers with pre-paid service.

Marc and myself, Gary in MD, and on and on have been victims, so no mater what the bylaws state, HMS should not be able to say "Hello" on this forum irregardless of where the cases are against him.

From his attempt to rip me off for $5500 dollars, and everyone's else's horror story, he should be boycotted from anyone and everyone.

Any as I have stated before, yes there are the HMS fanatics who did what they wanted. And yes, they stand by them. But it you weigh the good vs. the bad, the scales really tip to the bad.

Have I become very vocal about HMS, yes, I work hard for my and I take what HMS did as a personal attack on me!

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah yes... the good old "I got screwed by HMS post". I wish HMS would finally go out of business or maybe it can get new ownership. Hopefully someone can sue the pants off them and put them in the tank. Maybe you guys should organize a site with all the people that got screwed over by HMS and go after him as a group... "The people vs. HMS"
smile.gif

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to meet you and the rest of the Stucky family at the recent Woodhouse Panoz Road Atlanta school. What a long trip it must have been from Switzerland!! How Ironic that even at a Dinner at the Chateau Elan during the evening a gentlemen walked up to us at our table who was not even enrolled in the school to discuss or look for help. I didn't listen to close but I did hear him say Hennessey sent his car back to him with a different repainted hood and a very spent motor which expired shortly after receiving it. Seems old John sold his hood and motor and sent this guy back some crap!!!

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen email with lots of DC names on the CC:. So at least they know about him. Just read the post about the arrest, HMS, you are a piece of work, or make that a piece of SH*T.

I know you will come back with stupid relpy about aliens or some other SH*T.

But you have to love how HMS will always find a way to worm his way into some threads.

Mark "NOT A HMS FAN BUT VICTIM"

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:

"The purpose of the Club shall be.....

2. To be unified voice for Viper Owners. To serve as a medium of exchange of ideas, information and parts for owners of the Viper, to aid in preserving these automobiles in the ORIGINAL LIKENESS."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this confuses me.. so since he modified his car, its his own fault for getting screwed?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The VCA is here for ALL members, but it should never be asked to choose between two of it's members because they have a dispute.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but its not 2 members having a dispute.. its "i got screwed by hennessey"..then "oh yeah? me too..join the club." then "a friend of mine got screwed out of 30 grand as well"..then "i met a random guy at a viper days event and he got screwed too".."well hes going to have to get in line to get his money back.."

and the list goes on of at least 10 people getting screwed for a combined dollar amount of over hundreds of thousands of dollars..

when enough members get screwed, something should be done.. maybe once one of the delegating members of the VCA gets screwed, or a moderator of the board, change will happen.. but most likely nothing will be done to protect its own members until the issue at hand hits closer to home.

- eddie -

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
but its not 2 members having a dispute.. its "i got screwed by hennessey"..then "oh yeah? me too..join the club." then "a friend of mine got screwed out of 30 grand as well"..then "i met a random guy at a viper days event and he got screwed too".."well hes going to have to get in line to get his money back.."

and the list goes on of at least 10 people getting screwed for a combined dollar amount of over hundreds of thousands of dollars..

when enough members get screwed, something should be done.. maybe once one of the delegating members of the VCA gets screwed, or a moderator of the board, change will happen.. but most likely nothing will be done to protect its own members until the issue at hand hits closer to home.

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta agree with Eddie, something should be done, this turn a blind eye thing is not right.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call or email your VCA officers, Zone Director, Director at Large and National Officers and ASK what the procedure is to have someone expelled from the VCA. That would be the first logical step before removal or banning from the board.

Here's a hint - general guidelines on expulsion are in the MS Word document located on the Regions page.

The moderators at Viperclub.org ARE NOT officers in the VCA, so no one is going to be able to wave a magic wand and ban anyone. Give the moderators a break. Let's figure out what the process and criteria are for expulsion and banning and provide information and do what work is necessary instead of inciting a riot on the board. That way, we are following established guidelines, no chance of misinterpretation, process can be followed again in the future if needed, etc... Due process....

(can you tell I am a process person???)

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anybody use a credit card to purchase services and parts from HMS? Was the credit card companys willing to refund money back to you?

Snake

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper members just ask yourself which other tuner is accused of ripping people off like HENNESSEY? None!!! The man is a thief period...

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that are navigation challenged.

Section 3. Expulsion from Membership
The National Board, upon its own initiative or upon the resolution of the current legal governing body of any Zone, may bring expulsion charges against any member for conduct detrimental to the welfare of the Club. The affected member shall be notified in writing with a full statement of the reasons by first class mail sent to their last known address. Within thirty days of mailing the charges, the member may request a hearing before the Board by mailing such request to the National Business Office. If a request for hearing is not received within 30 days, the Board may decide whether to terminate the membership. If a hearing is requested, it shall be held at a place to be determined by the National President. The hearing shall be informal and the rules of evidence shall not apply.
Following a hearing, the Board shall decide whether to terminate the membership. The Board may, with or without a hearing, take action less than expulsion, including reject the charges, reassign the member, reprimand the member or such other action as may be appropriate. The decision of the Board is final and cannot be appealed.
If membership is terminated, all membership rights, including prepaid dues, shall be forfeited. Any member expelled, or who resigns after expulsion charges have been brought, is barred from any class of membership for life.

Taken from http://www.viperclub.org/vca/vcabylaws-jul-18-01.doc

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you rgifford.

Now that we know how to do it - who is willing to step up to the plate and submit the request for expulsion? You must have personal and factual information regarding the conduct and be willing to participate in a hearing (most likely a conference call) and see this through.

It would then seem logical and just to be able to ban an expelled VCA member from the vipercub.org site.

Let's use the processes that we have set up to deal with this.

Thank you.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute, Janni..

What does expulsion from the VCA have to do with expulsion from this board? We let a ton of non-VCA members post on here, and ex-members have been banned who are or were VCA members.

The two are *not* interrelated. If you folks are successful in getting JPH banned from the VCA, it's an *entirely* different step getting him banned from this site.

I don't think people's issue is that he is a VCA member, it's that he posts on this board.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronviper:
Viper members just ask yourself which other tuner is accused of ripping people off like HENNESSEY? None!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong!!!! There have been others, just not with the staying power, or the $ levels of JPH.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
Is this a premenent thing or if he manages to stay out of jail and in business will he start posting on here when things calm down, like he has done in the past?