Problems starting my 93 RT/10

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having problems starting my 93 Viper RT/10. I can turn the key to the start position, but the engine won't turn over. I need to pump the clutch a few times and then eventually she will fire right up. Any ideas on what I need to go after near the clutch pedal?

Thanks

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most likely the clutch pedal shaft and bushings are worn, this does not allow the the neutral swith to engage. I can get these parts for you.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my drive back from first purchasing my 1993, my brother and I were stranded at a gas station for a half hour figuring that out. We eventually stomped the clutch to the floorboard and it'd start. I was told later it was the bushings and had the whole clutch replaced.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We eventually stomped the clutch to the floorboard and it'd start. I was told later it was the bushings and had the whole clutch replaced.

'Say What??' change the clutch because the Clutch/neutral switch or pedal bushings were worn out? What am I missing here? How do the 2 conneect?:confused:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The switch can be adjusted. If there's no screw type adjustment bend the metal plate or add a spacer, then order bushing and replace them.

Ted

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'Say What??' change the clutch because the Clutch/neutral switch or pedal bushings were worn out? What am I missing here? How do the 2 conneect?:confused:

I didn't change the clutch BECAUSE of the worn bushings...it was about to go anyway. When they were in there, I told them about my starting problem, they investigated and confirmed.

OP
OP
M

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I'll investigate it this weekend.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala