PROGRAMMERS NEEDED

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would like to assist in the programming for the new software and have experience with PHP, MySQL, and LINUX the help would be welcome. Post here for contact information.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is MySQL... not MySEQUEL.

As for Linux, which flavor are you running?

Thank you sir, I am not a programmer. And if I replyed to your question regarding flavors I probably would say strawberry and further embarrass myself. And I forwarded your earlier comment about volunteering, has anyone contacted you?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done quite a few forums before. But the first thing i would do is swap over to vBulletin, IMO this software on this forum is terrible and hard to keep track of messages you replied to. The PM function is also terrible, i am sure most here will agree that VB is far better.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done quite a few forums before. But the first thing i would do is swap over to vBulletin, IMO this software on this forum is terrible and hard to keep track of messages you replied to. The PM function is also terrible, i am sure most here will agree that VB is far better.

That is where we are going, this is an intermediate step to transition without losing all our old stuff. Are you a volunteer?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is where we are going, this is an intermediate step to transition without losing all our old stuff. Are you a volunteer?

Lee the volunteer wrangler. I give you an A for effort. ;)

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee the volunteer wrangler. I give you an A for effort. ;)

Shuuush, don't you dare tell them my day job is a Headhunter :eek:

Reaction score
I honestly believe that this whole move would have gone better had it been planned better. The move to Vbulletin has been "in the works" for some time, as I am sure Mr. Stubberfield is aware. Unfortunately, certain issues that recently came to light put unexpected strains on the timeline and I fear the whole process was rushed....which has left us with half a board and them looking for programmer help. While sad...I do find it quite amusing as well.

I am sure the end result will be very nice.....but the road there sure is getting bumpy! I'll gladly sit back and enjoy the show.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe that this whole move would have gone better had it been planned better. The move to Vbulletin has been "in the works" for some time, as I am sure Mr. Stubberfield is aware. Unfortunately, certain issues that recently came to light put unexpected strains on the timeline and I fear the whole process was rushed....which has left us with half a board and them looking for programmer help. While sad...I do find it quite amusing as well.

I am sure the end result will be very nice.....but the road there sure is getting bumpy! I'll gladly sit back and enjoy the show.

How amusing YOU are. On another thread you are asking for an update when you alledgedly know the whole story. lol. And you would be wrong, certain issues did not rush anything, this move was planned and on schedule but was not the move that was anticipated, it is a fallback position as the bigger move did not go as anticipated and we were left with a choice of running an unsecure server or this fallback position. The obvious move was taken. There really is no more story to it than that. As to the planning of the issue and the success of same, we were relying on paid programmers to make the move so what happened was simply unanticipated by them and not a result of bad planning, sometimes that happens in the software world. And how about you don't hijack this thread with your comments and leave it open for volunteers so we can get this going forward faster? Heck, YOU could volunteer instead of sitting back and enjoying your role as the Nattering Nabob of Negativity. lol. :cool:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd volunteer, but I know how well that would go over.
:)

Same here, besides I'm a "software engineer" not a "programmer". Of course, the fact that I don't do PHP might have something to do with it, but I have done quite alot of embedded SQL development in C/C++.

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replied to these threads in the RT/10 Forum, but I will give my 2 cents in this one as well. I have been doing web app development for about 6 years now. I have worked on all kinds of applications from message boards to content management systems to e-commerce sites. Alot of the applications that I have written have been in asp.net(c#) and sql server, but I have had some experience using PHP and MySQL. Why not write your own message board application because you can do alot more customization than if you buy an out-of-the-box application like vBulletin. PHP is a fairly powerful scripting language, not as sophisticated as C#,C, and C++, but PHP has a ton of built in functions for doing all kinds of things like image manipulation, encryption, etc. I guess my point is, if you write your own code you can make it do whatever you want and you are not constrained by the third party software you purchase. If you need any help, let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen