Proper Care and Feeding of your Snake (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, no time to post as much as I would like, so here is yet another preview. More pics and the FULL stories to follow.

Rather than sit at my PC all day and research the latest doo-dad for my SRT-10, I have found that the absolute BEST mod for it is a DRIVER! Yep, insert the ol' body into the driver's seat and it really seems to make that car something else. So, a quick 500+ miles over the past few days included the following:

170 mile trip with the Ferrari Club, with plenty of opportunities to "clean out the carbs"...

You must be registered for see images

Then throw on another 150 miles to fulfill the dream of not one, but TWO teenagers that have loved the Dodge Viper as long as their families can remember. It just so happens that both are going to the prom together and live in rural Kansas - where they have never even seen a Viper. So imagine the hoopla when we pulled up at the red carpet ceremony with a bright yellow SRT-10! It was pretty incredible to say the least, but I will save the details (including how we fit three people in it) for later. It was a surprise for the young lady, as her boyfriend made the arrangements from my contact info on our regional website (never met or e-mailed before). Until I can post the full story and pics, here is how two young people react when they sit in a Viper for the very first time:

And that was just the first day. Sunday arrives and we have a great cruise and show in beautiful Louisburg, KS. Another chance to "air out" the cars and gain a few new admirers along the way. And get this: One Supra owner was SO impressed with these cars that he bought a '98 GTS today. Great to have him join us on The Dark Side... Here is one shot from the show:

So then tonight we make a run over to the ol' drag strip to exercise the SRT's a bit more. Oh yeah, three SRT-10's, three colors, and three results: One gets lowest ET for the night (12.02), one the highest trap speed (120.5), and one the lowest 60' time (1.85). I won't tell you which one was me... ;)

And so ended this evening's festivities and a very nice time getting the ol' Vipers out to play.

Love it here on the forums, but I am afraid that the hardware in the garage is even MORE fun to play with! :2tu:

More to come...

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures and story! :2tu: I think reading everything on the forums just makes the car feel more special :smirk:
Ricky

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing (teasing)...I agree, Drive and enjoy your Viper...I do, about 125 miles a week...All fun miles. :2tu: :laugh:

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to drive mine ... but until Heffner gets finished I have to live through you guys. Thanks for the pics!! :cool:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE POST :2tu: LOVE THE POST THAT HAVE PICS :headbang:

BY THE WAY, WHO WON SILVER OR YELLOW,LOL.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Looks like you guys had fun. That silver car is missing a few goodies, hasn't he decided he likes the black fade treatment yet. Come on you need to work on your sales pitch, I spent a lot of money at Sebring and I need to make some of it back. Get to work and sell some graphics. The Illinois club is off to the drag strip tomorrow, then out to Iowa next week for Viper Days at Mid America. Why don't some of you K.C. guys come up and have some fun for the weekend. There are some special deals for first timers from Viper Days and VCA. There were 12 SRT10's at Sebring last weekend. What a great track.

You have a lot of guts letting kids take your car to Prom.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BY THE WAY, WHO WON SILVER OR YELLOW,LOL.

Well, it turns out that somebody had a video of that run...

YELLOW VS. SILVER (right click here and "save as" to play it more smoothly)

With a 1.88 60' time (1.85 after that), I was told I should have been into the 11's. I shifted into fourth just before the traps every time. I learned from a pro last night that the SRT can stay in 3rd gear through the traps on a stock car with the stock rear end. According to him that would have netted me an 11. Oh well, maybe next time!

And no, I won't post the videos of the other runs where I didn't do quite so hot... :p

Thanks Brian for sending me the vids!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video...I guess yellow is defenetly faster lol ;) :2tu: Any mods done to your car Chris? Looked really good at the track!