Prototype top and spoiler

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to Autoform Group in Holland Michigan today and met with Steve and Don. They are doing the final steps on the new top they are manufacturing for the 2nd generation vipers. They are using my 98RT10 as a form and fit car. Today Steve and Don installed the first production spoiler on my car, it really adds to the car. The top should be ready for ordering in about three weeks. I'm going to post some pictures for your input.

Greg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 296

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Autoform Group in Holland Michigan today and met with Steve and Don. They are doing the final steps on the new top they are manufacturing for the 2nd generation vipers. They are using my 98RT10 as a form and fit car. Today Steve and Don installed the first production spoiler on my car, it really adds to the car. The top should be ready for ordering in about three weeks. I'm going to post some pictures for your input.

Greg

We were discussing on making similar spoilers for the Gen 3/4. I like the look of the new Gen 5 spoilers!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen5 type spoiler looks good. I like it better than the mopar style piece.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks great on your car Greg. I was at Autoform last week and had the opportunity to see it first hand. Steve and Jason are doing an awesome job.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks great on your car Greg. I was at Autoform last week and had the opportunity to see it first hand. Steve and Jason are doing an awesome job.
I only get like .00001 percent credit on the top, and that's just because I got the ball rolling.. . and 0 on the spoiler, that's all Steve and AF.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spoiler awesome. Top crap.

thats cool ... the top isn't completed yet...the center still has to be rounded and the side detail finished.. you can still think it's crap when we are done but just to let ya know this isn't the finished product. glad you like the spoiler though. :)

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks killer. Any idea if there will be anything to accent the front of the car? How is the one for the GTS going? Any updates for that or is it just on paper still?

BTW some pics would be awesome. And any of the old autoform cars in the background would be awesome as well

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg...Is the outer lip of that black or the carbon fiber wrap option? I'd like to see some close-up pictures. Also some pictures from the rear, at the same level as the height of the spoiler...another of the forward side of the spoiler...just take off the top, stand on your console and take a picture from that direction. :D Okay, don't stand on the console, but I would like a picture from that angle. Thanks.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg...Is the outer lip of that black or the carbon fiber wrap option? I'd like to see some close-up pictures. Also some pictures from the rear, at the same level as the height of the spoiler...another of the forward side of the spoiler...just take off the top, stand on your console and take a picture from that direction. :D Okay, don't stand on the console, but I would like a picture from that angle. Thanks.

Go to the rt10 hardtop market thread to see the spoiler in detail.. granted its orange, on a black car.. might get some of a black one on it today. Page 5.. Yes there will be a CF option.

Last edited:

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks killer. Any idea if there will be anything to accent the front of the car? How is the one for the GTS going? Any updates for that or is it just on paper still?

BTW some pics would be awesome. And any of the old autoform cars in the background would be awesome as well

Gts part is still on the board.. there will be a new matching frt splitter with the design cues of the top and spoiler. . Go through the rt10 hardtop market thread .. I think its all in there.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is that classic in the background being ruined? I like that spoiler though. Do they plan a GTS version?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is that classic in the background being ruined? I like that spoiler though. Do they plan a GTS version?

I'll ask Steve next time I talk to him (assuming I remember...) I know sometimes he will get something in that someone else had modified and the owner wants him to make some changes. That's kind of what it looks like although I am only speculating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth