Pulled over on Rt 78 W in NJ

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, fess up..........who got nabbed on Route 78 West a few days ago?:dunno:

Blue and White Gen2 GTS just on top of the big hill after exit 12? How fast did you get caught going? I saw you talking to the Cop while passing by and thinking you had better have a PBA card or a great excuss!

I would have been a classic picture if I have my camera with me. GTS looked great sitting still!

:eater::eater::eater::eater:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wonder if its a guy i know from morristown.....

but he'd talk his way outta that ticket for sure

OP
OP
R

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appeared that it might have been a 1996 Blue w/White strip GTS.

Driver is a white male with short blond hair! Ring any bells yet? It could be a PA guy too since it happened only 12 miles from the Delaware River PA/NJ stateline.

:eater::eater:

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, It was a PA Viper Guy! Also I got a warning! The officer was pretty nice. He owns a Charger SRT. Sometimes things can go your way!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the best luck with tickets in my GTS. Got pulled over doing around 90 in the fast lane (65 limit highway) a while back, and just got a warning that I need to watch my speed a bit better. The officer said that he realizes these cars just 'loaf along' at that speed, but I should keep it closer to the limit nonetheless. When I'm in any other car, it's just "license, registration and proof of insurance please..." and then the obligatory ten minute wait while they're running numbers and writing the ticket in the squad car...

funrudy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I guess it' good to know you only got a warning!
Gives me hope! My '96 is washed, waxed and ready to go!

But, I should be careful if I get pulled over in Warren County, seems someone already cashed in a token! D'oh!
LOL

(Wonder if I am the only Blue & White GTS owner in Warren County)

Edd

OP
OP
R

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, It was a PA Viper Guy! Also I got a warning! The officer was pretty nice. He owns a Charger SRT. Sometimes things can go your way!

Well I'm glad to hear it was only a warning. The area you got pulled over is always a high target area. People can't help coasting down that hill and going over the speed limit without even noticing it. In your case, you were heading up the hill :D. I don't think reverse polarity would work as an excuse.

Just out of curiosity, how fast were ya going?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess it' good to know you only got a warning!
Gives me hope! My '96 is washed, waxed and ready to go!

But, I should be careful if I get pulled over in Warren County, seems someone already cashed in a token! D'oh!
LOL

(Wonder if I am the only Blue & White GTS owner in Warren County)

Edd

Hey funrudy, I'm over in Stewartsville. Since we are so close, we've got to get together for a cruise sometime. I see that your new here. Did you just get this car or have you had it for awhile?

Mike

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousen was a Trooper stationed up there (off 287 )years ago.Who stopped you a Trouper or a local?

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have only been out 1 time this year to shake the dust off. Too many BW's around, not a rare combo at all. Hackettstown is right around the corner from me.

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stopped by a State Trooper. He was a really understanding guy. As far as speed, I am not sure.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stopped by a State Trooper. He was a really understanding guy. As far as speed, I am not sure.
Alot of the Jersey Troopers truely appreciate (and own )muscle cars inturn as long as someone is polite (and has a decent driving record ) they usually cut some slack.