purchasing a new 2006 vert

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 2006 Viper convert. from a dealership in NY. when I looked at the car a started it everything seemed fine. After a test Drive a loud chatter was comming from the engine. Sounds like Lifters chattering. It is very loud and docent sound normal.

After I pointed it out to the GM and the mechanic, he said that there is air in the lifters and it will go away. Not wanted to confront him I tt the GM and said I was not buying the car until this was checked out. He called Chry. and they said that sometimes when A Viper sits for a long time that carbon builds up. The also said one of the cylindeers was misfiring. They hooked it up to a computer.

Chrys. said the would send out some fluid that they want them to put in the oil, run the car and drain the oil and this would solve the problem.

I am obviously very hesiatnt to purchase this brand new vehicle with 200 mi.

What is my best coarse of action to find out whats up

Scott

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call the best in the business:
Tator's Dodge 20 Spring Street South in South Salem, NY 10590
Phone 914-763-3136 Fax 914-763-9507 Email: [email protected]

V

Venomiss

Woodhouse Dodge www.woodhouse.com
Bill Pemberton
(402) 426-4126
(800)-8891893
We have puchased an '00, '03, and now have an '05.
A great experience each and every time!:)

P.S. tell us what you end up with!

06blackviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I FOUND A RED 2006 COUPE ON EBAY WITH STOCK POLISHED RIMS ( THE SAME RIMS THAT CAME ON THE 2003). I SENT A EMAIL TO THE DODGE DEALER WHO REPLIED BACK TO ME THAT THEY WOULD SELL IT FOR A REDUCED PRICE. WHEN I EMAILED BACK ASKING WHY THE MSRP HAD UPGRADED WHEELS THEY WOULD NOT RESPOND. IT WAS A DODGE DEALER IN NEW YORK AND THEY WERE REPRESENTING THE CAR TO BE NEW BUT MAY HAVE 100-200 MILES AS IT HAS BEEN OUT TO DEALER SHOWS. I WOULD NOT BUY FROM A NEW CAR DEALER WHO TAKES FACTORY EQUIPMENT OFF . I THINK THERE IS MORE TO THE STORY HERE ( BEWARE BUYING CARS ON EBAY ) IF IT SEEMS TO CHEAP THERE IS SOMTIMES A GOOD REASON IT IS.....:nono:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 2006 Viper convert. from a dealership in NY. when I looked at the car a started it everything seemed fine. After a test Drive a loud chatter was comming from the engine. Sounds like Lifters chattering. It is very loud and docent sound normal.

After I pointed it out to the GM and the mechanic, he said that there is air in the lifters and it will go away. Not wanted to confront him I tt the GM and said I was not buying the car until this was checked out. He called Chry. and they said that sometimes when A Viper sits for a long time that carbon builds up. The also said one of the cylindeers was misfiring. They hooked it up to a computer.

Chrys. said the would send out some fluid that they want them to put in the oil, run the car and drain the oil and this would solve the problem.

I am obviously very hesiatnt to purchase this brand new vehicle with 200 mi.

What is my best coarse of action to find out whats up

Scott

So, have you called Chuck Tator or Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse? They can direct you to the BEST buying experience, as evidenced by others' opinions...let us know what you decide to get...and hey, ANY Viper should be looked over VERY carefully before buying.
Good luck ~juli~

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on the new car and saw your post on the SRT-10 boards!
We'll look for you to join the VCA soon if you haven't already.
CitySnake may be the person for you to contact in your area,if not he can lead you to the right person. Check out the NY forums.

Membership is worth every penny.:drive:

Mrs. Y2K

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In NY, yep CitySnake or Chuck Tator (Viper Tech/Viper Wizard at tatorsdodge.msn.net) are the 'go to' NY people!! Good Luck with the new snake!! ~juli~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth