Purchasing a RSI TT 1000hp package

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
svs does very nice custom builds. did you guys forget about that?

I'm still trying to get the searing images of that *********** from the other thread out of my mind. Please stop reminding me. :nono:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a note, I don't think Paolo refers to himself as a tuner. Just a designer/builder of twin turbo systems. However, this may have changed recently.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a note, I don't think Paolo refers to himself as a tuner. Just a designer/builder of twin turbo systems. However, this may have changed recently.

Ian, what is everybody's definition of a tuner anyway?

When I think of a tuner, I think of someone like John Reed who flys all over the world tuning cars for a living.

There is really nobody who does every single thing themselves except for maybe Lingenfelter who has their own in house machine shop to build the motors, Gale banks even has a test track to test his product!

The point I am trying to make here is that there are many shops that act like a home builder. They sub out the engine building, the turbo system fabrication and even the system design duties to a fabricator. Some shops have a dyno in house and some take their cars to a dyno to have someone tune it for them.

If everybody tries to compare a certain performance shop to the Lingenfelters and Gale Banks' of the world, not many will stack up favorably.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ian, what is everybody's definition of a tuner anyway?

When I think of a tuner, I think of someone like John Reed who flys all over the world tuning cars for a living.

There is really nobody who does every single thing themselves except for maybe Lingenfelter who has their own in house machine shop to build the motors, Gale banks even has a test track to test his product!

The point I am trying to make here is that there are many shops that act like a home builder. They sub out the engine building, the turbo system fabrication and even the system design duties to a fabricator. Some shops have a dyno in house and some take their cars to a dyno to have someone tune it for them.

If everybody tries to compare a certain performance shop to the Lingenfelters and Gale Banks' of the world, not many will stack up favorably.

I agree. Macedo for instance, is a tuner to me. He may not do the engine machining, but he assembles all engines himself, checks clearances, etc. He does all fabrication in house, dyno's himself, and tunes the AEM, VEC2, Split second, etc. himself. I can't comment on anyone else because I am not familiar with them.

My point is somone can buy a kit like yours, and have their favorite "tuner" install it and tune if for them if they like.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
svs does very nice custom builds. did you guys forget about that?

I'm still trying to get the searing images of that *********** from the other thread out of my mind. Please stop reminding me. :nono:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion :2tu:

Your opinion shows that you like low quality or are you still upset that you put together a clusterfukk?