PURE SEX!!! ~Street Serpent~

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must admit that I am a HUGE fan of GTS Blue and Chevrolet's Admiral Blue. In 1999, I purchased a relatively rare '96 Grand Sport Corvette with red interior. The car was referred to by a few, as "So Ugly, that it actually looks good!... Blue, White, Red...."
Well, I have owned a few Vipers and have built several vehicles which mimicked the Grand Sport. Here are a few photo's of the original Grand Sport, and the following vehicles that I built around it's theme:

My original fascination with the Blue/White (Granted, at the time, a VIPER was WAY OUT OF MY REACH!)
You must be registered for see images

The next vehicle that I built was a LT4 powered Jeep for daily driving and rock crawling:

I then got more serious about Rock Crawling and built a Competition buggy powered by a Ram-Jet 502:

When I saw Jeff Lemke's Blue and White Street Serpent (#6), I was immediately drawn to it like I have only been drawn to 1 other car (Steve Wayne's GTS ACR+). I bought the car and have been joyously adding miles to the odometer; while adding more ponies to the equation.
The interior; although adequate, has never exited me (all black); nor matched the exterior flare. My last Viper had the Cognac Connelly leather, which really accented well with the red exterior.
This car, needed something that made the interior "pop" just as much as the exterior did. So, I ditched the all black interior, in favor of, black/red Mamba interior panels. Some may not like it, and that is fine. To me, IT IS DEAD ****!! I have bought additional dash and console bezels and am having them painted Charcoal Grey Metallic, to match the splitter and rear diffuser. I will post additional photo's when I install them. I won't dis-honor the Dodge by placing the "Grand Sport" typical Hash Marks on the fender.

To date, this has been the most "EMOTIONAL" car that I've own. Since 1999, I've typically been through 4-8 vehicles per year. I believe that this one is a KEEPER!!!:headbang:

Here are the before and after photo's of the interior:

Thank you DODGE, for creating a REAL Supercar. Thank you Jeff, for making it even more unique. Thank you VCA, for providing a venue to enjoy the cars further, even if they are in the garage, and not able to be driven!

Last edited:

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must like sex with fat women!!!That's fugly to say the least!!!

:hahaup::hahaup::hahaup:
:flush::flush::flush:

jimsmyth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dissagree! I think it looks SWEET!! Course, I'm pretty partial to the 96 Grand Sport as well. Can't wait to get my Street Serpent, gonna have to do somethig to the interior of mine next year as well.:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must like sex with fat women!!!That's fugly to say the least!!!

:hahaup::hahaup::hahaup:
:flush::flush::flush:

So it's hard to tell, do you like it or not... A little harsh don't you think....

Do you even own a Viper? Can we see a few photos?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is gorgeous. Ive always been a fan of the Mamba interior. Similar theme Im in the process of doing to my DB Z. I get the "spiderman" references from my friends but I like it:D Lets see some shots of the whole car.

BTW Ive always liked the Grandsport C4. Just wish it came with a motor that lived up to that name. Should have had at least 375hp for that time so it wont step on the ZR1's toes. It was still a performer though. Its probably one of the rarest Vettes that you wont see coming and going. Its no Viper but Id keep it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the GS's with red interior are rare for a reason. :crazy2:

That said everybody is entitled to have their own taste, good luck with the car. :2tu:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic and I love the colors! It's like the best of both worlds of my two Vipers. Blue with white on the outside and the mamba interior. SWEEET!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is gorgeous, no question. The lead-in post and photo's of Corvette's and Jeeps I could do without. Just my .02.

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Mamba interior only looks good in a black or white Viper, not in a blue one....

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always loved the Grand Sport with the "Bleeder" interior. My best friend had a vert that was over the top (vert had a white vinyl top, crazy but cool).

Always love the Mamba interior. When I went '08 I went red trimmed interior.

I like your car! :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haya, it was the red interior of the '08s that inspired me. They look great!

I like the Silver console pieces that you have in yours.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rtigert,
In your original post, you mentioned the ACR+. I have heard of this, but would be interested to know if you've actually seen or owned one. It was my understanding that these were mythical creatures that never saw the light of day.

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rtigert,
In your original post, you mentioned the ACR+. I have heard of this, but would be interested to know if you've actually seen or owned one. It was my understanding that these were mythical creatures that never saw the light of day.

Yes, to both. It was created by Steve Wayne (Dallas Area).

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any more info on the ACR+? First Ive heard of it. Did a search on Steve and ACR+ and didnt get much luck finding info. I can see it has aero pieces and side pipes added but I imagine there were power mods as well.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the Blue with Red interior also! Before I came to my senses over the winter and ordered an ACR, I was looking at ordering a new Vette vert using the D30 recommended interior/exterior override code to get airstream blue with the red interior. Love that garish combo! :)

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of the grand sport, but never thought to put the colors on a Viper, it does look good though.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look with the blue, always liked the mamba interior since a friend of mine had one.

Dare to be different and get harsh criticism, me personally I don't want my car to look the same as every other viper at a get together.

I also understand having an opinion and being honest, but dang there are some rude people on the board. I guess if I did not like something I would not tell the owner it looked like a$$. I would be more inclined to keep my opinion to myself rather than risk offending someone about their pride and joy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang