pushstart wiring diagram needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have the wiring diagram for pushstart conversion.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is asking for someone to post it for him so he can access it without becoming a member. He's been on here a while it looks like.

:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I prefer start/run/alarm and other security wiring diagrams and info be PM'd and at the very least available only to proven Viper owners.

Just me, or anyone else think to keep sensitive stuff private?

Ted

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen several posts lately on the Camaro website that people would like to install a push button like we have on the Vipers/ram trucks...

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have a diagram, but I can explain it. Make sure the car is in either second or third gear with the parking brake off. Have 2-3 guys push you to get you rolling. Once you reach top speed by the pushers, pop the clutch and BAM....your pushstarting will be successful.

:D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's silly if you still need a key to turn to the ON position first... only way a push button makes sense is if it uses a proximity sensor to the key fob.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me for the diagram.
I hate this "members only" BS.
When I wrote the how-to, I didn't do it to have it put in a separate section of the site. That's why I don't write any more write-ups for this site.
:ban:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's silly if you still need a key to turn to the ON position first... only way a push button makes sense is if it uses a proximity sensor to the key fob.

My dad had a number of race cars while I was growing up...I always got excited when he pushed that start button. My 2001 didn't come with the start button, so I added it...I like it very much, I don't think it's silly, but then again I don't mind poser mods :dunno:.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me for the diagram.
When I wrote the how-to, I didn't do it to have it put in a separate section of the site. That's why I don't write any more write-ups for this site.

I have all the illustrated upgrades converted to PDF and saved on my hard drive for that very reason.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of tanks of gas isn't a big price for a Viper owner to pay to support the site and community. Why not just join?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to a couple of members for getting me the info needed. Ive been a memeber of this site for almost 5 years and have shared alot with the members.

thanks guys.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is this write, I couldn't find it in the other section...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't think of a more worthless mod, IMO. I agree the only way it makes sense is if you don't have to put in a key and turn it halfway anyway. I think the one in my GenIV is worthless. If it was a true keyless racecar, fine. But it is a factory push button on a car that takes a key. :dunno:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get that we need revenue to keep the site going and to sponsor events, but purposely holding out on a fellow Viper owner until he pays up like the rest of us is a little immature if you ask me.

MODERATOR EDIT LINK REMOVED

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me for the diagram.

I might give this a try... Tim, I'll give you a call if I have any questions!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else needs the write-up it's here:

MODERATOR EDIT LINK REMOVEDhttp://www.jtiff.com/viper/pushstart.pdf

I get that we need revenue to keep the site going and to sponsor events, but purposely holding out on a fellow Viper owner until he pays up like the rest of us is a little immature if you ask me.

Yeah, and you get the right half of the page that's cut off when you pay up, sucka! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else needs the write-up it's here:

MODERATOR EDIT LINK REMOVEDhttp://www.jtiff.com/viper/pushstart.pdf

You could apply that same logic to lots of stuff.

I have a dining room table, so therefore food should always be free.

I paid for the light bulbs, so electricity should always be free.

I have eyes to read, so books should always be free.

The VCA has chosen to not make that information public as part of their policy. Simply owning a Viper is not entitlement in their opinion. Why not respect that?

Time for a poll... :D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could apply that same logic to lots of stuff.

I have a dining room table, so therefore food should always be free.

I paid for the light bulbs, so electricity should always be free.

I have eyes to read, so books should always be free.

The VCA has chosen to not make that information public as part of their policy. Simply owning a Viper is not entitlement in their opinion. Why not respect that?

Time for a poll... :D

In your examples you offer up goods and services...all anton asked for was information. When a fellow member asks for information on how to mod their car, I don't think it's out of the question to help them. People (including myself) ask you for help all the time, and you gladly share your insight with them. This is no different than that, except the VCA "called dibs" on someone else's write-up. If anton wanted free gas, lightbulbs or service manuals (all goods, as in your example) just because he owned a Viper, I'd say that was out of the question.

The second part of my point is that Bottlefed wrote up the how-to to share with other Viper owners, not just members of the VCA, which is why he posted it where he did. It was the author of the DIY tutorial's intent to share this information with EVERYONE, but the VCA quarantined it and kept it to themselves and its members.

I'm not here to get in an e-******* match with anyone (especially Dave, cuz he'll use CAD and fab up something to kill me) but just wanted to put in my $.02.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, this is not worth a ******* match over, but information housed on the Internet is free only if computers were free, IT personnel were free, HTML software packages were free, electricity were free etc.

So to say that the information contained in this web site has no material value or support basis, well, let's just see how good the info is when they decide not to pay the power bill or upgrade server storage space when I blast out posts at break neck speed and jam it up.

I run into information sites on the Internet all the time that charge if you want to hear what they have to say. And they make it really clear. Computers - theirs - cost money to own and operate.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see your point 100%.

I realize it costs money to run this site but when I see information exchanged freely in almost every post, to arbitrarily attach a price tag to the well-written threads seems goofy, especially when the author intended for it to be shared with everyone.

If I'd have included a little more information and a few more red arrows on my lowering thread, would that suddenly become too valuable for Joe Blow non-member? I wrote that to document and share an experience, not to make membership to the VCA more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950