Putting SRT-10 18/19 on 95 which had 17's

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering putting the stock lightweight SRT-10 18/19 wheels on my 95 which has 17's currently. Does anyone know if the speedo and all will be off bad or if there is a tire profile low enough (especially the 2 inch difference in the rear) to accommodate? Also, ride quality etc. Is this just a stupid idea or what?:drive:

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to recalibrate speedo or do anything special? Did you have to purchase a lower profile tire to keep the height the same? Does the speedo work of the front or rear tires? I assume the fron which will have a lesser height change.

Reaction score
Did you have to recalibrate speedo or do anything special? Did you have to purchase a lower profile tire to keep the height the same? Does the speedo work of the front or rear tires? I assume the fron which will have a lesser height change.

Wheels and tires will fit fine and if you have a 3:55 gear the speedo will be very close. If not it will be off and you will need to guess at the calibrator you need.

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does my VIN reveal my rear gear. I bought it used and don't know. I know the car is bone stock. Was that the stock gear?

Reaction score
Does my VIN reveal my rear gear. I bought it used and don't know. I know the car is bone stock. Was that the stock gear?

Stock gear is a 3.07, a 3:55 really wakes the car up with stock tires but you will need the 3:55 just to get back to the feel you have now. I would put in a 3:73 if you want the looks and a boost in grunt. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have been most helpful...one last thing...If I had a flat and used the stock spare, would that damage the rear gears on a short drive to get her somewhere with that 19" on the other side?

Reaction score
You have been most helpful...one last thing...If I had a flat and used the stock spare, would that damage the rear gears on a short drive to get her somewhere with that 19" on the other side?

Maybe not for a real short drive but if possible I would ditch the spare and get the inflater/sealer kit from the new car or from Tire Rack.

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, do you think $1500 for the 4 SRT-10 polished wheels in great condition is a good deal?

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are a knowledgeable man and much help to us newbies...I will make the purchase and consider a new rear gear. Thanks!!

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wheels and tires will fit fine and if you have a 3:55 gear the speedo will be very close. If not it will be off and you will need to guess at the calibrator you need.

Check motorcycleradar.com they have whats called a Yellowbox which wires in line to the speedo wire and corrects the speed by percentage as speed increases but only for magnetic pick up speed sensors.