Question about 1996 GTS poster i bought in my teens..

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a poster of a 1996 in my teens that still hangs in my old room at my parents house today. Now, after owning a 1998 GTS i see some diffrences in the car just from the poster that i have questions about. First of all, there is no door handle/button on the pillar behind the window, just "Chrysler Design" in small chrome print. Also, the steering wheel appears to be from a Gen1 car, and the dash is diffrent, there are no little "humps" over the 4 gauges in the middle. The car also appears to have a very long horizontal 3rd brake light above the emblem in the back. Anyone have any insight on this car?

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis,

It could be the 1993 Viper GTS concept.

[image]http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1993_dodge_viper_gts_concept-1.jpg[/image]

OP
OP
T

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be, but the car in my poster does not have sidepipes, it has rear exit with chrome tips.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Andy is right - probably one of the many prototypes made between 92-95. I have a Road&Track from April '93 with the 'concept' GTS on the cover... its got the chrome writing and third brake light you mentioned. This one has the rear exit with chrome tips but the RT door sills... weird. Does the one on your poster have a lower front facia than the production GTSs?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Travis it wouldn't happen to be like the one in the picture would it?
You must be registered for see images

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) inggg

I have that exact poster, viper gts-r, in an old room at my parent's house too!

The specs are from the Gen 1 (i.e. it does not say 450 HP, but either 400 or 415) and the torque numbers are also lower.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I used to have that poster up in my office at work before I got promoted to the floor - my boss used to tease me about it - a year later I was laughing at him and his buick...