Question about Complete Hydraulic LIFTS?

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seemed to have missed the group buy on the Complete Hydraulic LIFTS? What was the price for the 8000 lb 4 post?

Is everyone happy with it that received it? HOw is the quality? I was at a show last weekend where the Back Yard Buddy brand was displayed and the quality was excellent as well as made in the US , but it was twice the price! Any help would be great.

Whats the best price with the best quality? The las t thing is to save a buck and have my viper fall on my head! :eek:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one and love it! Can't live without it. I think I paid $1900 shipped. Best buy for me that year. I have replaced clutches, trans, halfshafts and having the lift made it easy vs. doing it on my back with jackstands. You won't be disappointed. :2tu:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CompleteHydraulics #8000 went in a few weeks ago as a self-install. Price was $1599.99 plus $400 shipping (Ohio to Florida). No tax or any other fees. Here's the skinny (I'd post pics but haven't figured out the new methodology...). Lift came shipped to a local freight company and they loaded it (forked) on a flat bed trailer that I arrived with. Could have had it dropped at the house but I didn't have a forklift sitting around...LOL. Total weight was somewhere around 1400-1500 lbs. All the rails/components are very well packed and bolted together with some aggressive end cap frames (disposable). The lift is made in China specifically for CompleteHydraulics (their design) but the pump unit is made in the USA. After I got mine up and running, I called their service rep just to express my pleasure with the lift. He loved to chit-chat about the lift, how it's made, and life in general. Interesting fellow. Anyways, when I got the lift home, I was able to dissassemble the shipping material and man-handle all the components myself except for the two vehicle ramps that run the length of the lift. All the components are very well built and very sturdy. Good powdercoat finish and quality sub-components. Nothing made me scratch my head and wonder [*****]... I was able to assemble the entire lift myself and only needed my neighbor to assist with positioning the long vehicle ramps. I got the 220v motor and so far, love it. I am using it free-standing and not bolted to the floor. It does come with all the floor fasteners too. Also, the three drip pans and one jack pan that come with the lift are heavy gauge steel and are actually over-designed (IMO). I have not used the dolly's that come with the lift to move it around...but they apprear to be another great design. So long story even longer, love the lift and the company behind it.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wondering, where are those lifts actually manufactured? This site has an interesting video and some side by side comparision info. Good luck.

http://www.backyard-buddy.com/

LOL! :rolleyes: I saw that video at first and made me worry abit before I bought mine. They use the "scare" tatic to sell their lifts. That Sales manager looks like a shady used car sales guy that wants to bend his legs and throw his hands up in the air all the time while tilting his head...to the left or right. ;)

Listen the Back yard buddy is a nice lift and desinged well. So is the Complete Hydraulic lift. Different design, but each one has to meet ANSI standards which both do. Yeah they try to pull the legs apart to make the post look weak...but they do that no load or assembly. They do misleading comparisons. Complete hydraulic have sold thousnads of these lifts and not one has failed. Do a search in google for failed car lifts, cheap car lift failure etc. You won't find any reports on these lifts failing. The reason why "ANY LIFT" will fail is due to the adjustment of the cables. Back Yard Buddy lifts are no bargin, be prepared to pay an additional $2000-$2,500.00 for that lift over complete hydraulic's price
I have put Lambos, Ferraris, Ford GTs, Vipers and other high end cars on my lift and had no problem. I wouldn't let the fidgity sales manager scare you.

If you want, you can contact me and still get the VCA discount if you go through www.qualitywires.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather