Question about Daves big brakes kit and others...

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I fully understand the process of fitting SRT front brakes on a Gen 2, but I'm lost for the REAR brakes on a ABS car.
Dave has a kit to move the Front OEM brakes to the rear but you have to use spacers with OEM 18" wheels, and saw part of the car to fit the bracket, and then add an E-brake since you can't use the original one .(correct me if i'm wrong).
If you have 19" wheels in the rear, do you still have to use spacers?
Instead of using the front brakes , can you use SRT' rear as well?
Is there a way of avoiding permanent modifications on the car?

Thanks for clarifying this for me... :confused:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the ofset of the weheels you will not need spacers..
If you run stock 18" 1999/2002 wheels you will need them but Dave does supply new wheel nuts (lug nuts) to go with them..
Not sure on the ACR wheels though..

You can run SRT-10 rears as well but would need 19" rear wheels i believe...

There is no way of fitting the rear brakes SRT-10 rears or Gen2 fronts on the rear without modding .....

I have Daves kit and love it best MOD so far.... I have SRT-10 fronts and Gen2 fronts on the rear with stock wheels.....
The kit is a work of art in itself everything lined up perfect

I'm sure Dave will be along soon to clear things up....

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's Info

ABS-" NON" OEM STOCK 18" WHEELS Aftermarket & ACR & SRT-10's (18" + 19" 20") you use SRT-10 calipers on Front & Rear(or to save money) you can put SRT-10's on the Front & your Gen2's on the rears.

STOCK OEM wheels "ABS & Non ABS"
SRT-10's calipers on the front & Gen2 Fronts on the rear.(Just like you Baz :D ) This is the kit you spacers on, because of the wheel offset :shocked:

ALL BIG BRAKE KITS you have to remove the rear caliper mounting tabs. :eek:

Hope this makes it clearer :2tu:

But now I'm :confused: :D :usa: CRS

Go to my web site under Big Brake Kits button & you'll see all the options.

Dave

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... or you can do a one-hour swap and get the performance (maybe not the looks) with a 40mm rear set.

-Dave's Little Brother :-0

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I fully understand the process of fitting SRT front brakes on a Gen 2, but I'm lost for the REAR brakes on a ABS car.
Dave has a kit to move the Front OEM brakes to the rear but you have to use spacers with OEM 18" wheels, and saw part of the car to fit the bracket, and then add an E-brake since you can't use the original one .(correct me if i'm wrong).
If you have 19" wheels in the rear, do you still have to use spacers?
Instead of using the front brakes , can you use SRT' rear as well?
Is there a way of avoiding permanent modifications on the car?

Thanks for clarifying this for me... :confused:

What year is your car? if 2001-2002 you have ABS, and if you have 19" wheels you don't need spacers(their for OEM 18" Factory wheels only- Exception is ACR's they have good offsets)NoN ABS Vipers SRT-10's Front & Gen2 front on the rears.

Spacers are for "OEM 18" STOCK FACTORY WHEELS" :rolleyes:

:2tu: :usa:

OP
OP
P

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, and Dave in particular, you've answered all of my question except one:

If you decide to go with SRT10 rears (with 19 " wheels), you cannot go back to the OEM 18" Wheel, correct?

Tom, my car is a 01 with ABS and 43mm calipers.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, and Dave in particular, you've answered all of my question except one:

If you decide to go with SRT10 rears (with 19 " wheels), you cannot go back to the OEM 18" Wheel, correct?

Tom, my car is a 01 with ABS and 43mm calipers.

That's correct :2tu: (UNLESS your using Gen2 fronts on the rear, instead of SRT's on all 4 corners- ABS only) :2tu: Then you can use OEM 18" with spacers. Fast Freddy has an 01 ACR with SRT-10's on the front & Gen2's on the rears( it makes the kit $1000 cheaper :D )
It's the wheel offset that creates the problem.

Dave

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How would the brake balance be with Dave's SRT brakes in front and Tom's 40mm's in back? I would be interested in this as it would not modify the car. Would a proportioning valve be necessary with this setup?

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be just fine, as there are many cars out there with just BrandX, or the other BrandXX on the fronts only, both ABS & Non ABS.

Hey Tom, this should work really well :D

Non ABS track cars will need the Adjustable Valve to get the most out of the balance.

That would be Big Dave/ Little Tom :2tu: :usa: :D :cool: couldn't pass up that line :rolleyes: :shocked:
Or Big Bling/No Bling :shocked: :laugh:

Dave

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not go all the way with stoptech 4 wheel from Jon B?Great prices.Engineered for a Viper.Used by top competitors. GTS Bruce

For your info Jon B also sells Dave's Big Brakes :usa: engineered for a Viper with NO VIPER TAX :shocked: as well as Archer Racing, and "The Wizard" Chuck Tator :2tu:

:confused:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not go all the way with stoptech 4 wheel from Jon B?Great prices.Engineered for a Viper.Used by top competitors. GTS Bruce

Simple
Dave's kit is cheaper probably performs the same and is all stock Mopar parts.. so easy to get hold of from Dodge dealers...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot to mention the fact that Dave is one heck of a GREAT GUY too. :2tu:

My Dave's big brake upgrade will be happening very soon. Can't wait.

I needed a power steering pulley, e-mailed Dave yesterday morning and by noon he had called. It has already shipped out to me. :2tu:

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guy's :eek:

I now have my hip boots on :laugh: it was starting to get deep :cool: :D :2tu:

Thanks very much for the deep pile :2tu: :D :laugh: :eek:

My proto type pulleys came yesterday :2tu: so now just have to mount & size for the right belt :usa:

I'll take some pictures later. :shocked:

Dave