Question for my 2004 Mamba?? Regarding upgrading rims and tires?

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking of going with HRE, Iforged or CCW rims on my 2004 Mamba. Has anyone had any of these rims? and are they good quality and easy to balance?? If so which would you recommend?? Any problems with any of them? Vibrating etc...

I want to use 19's on the front and 20's on the back, but do not know which size of rim to go with?? 19x10?? front and 20x13?? back. I dont want them to rub as well when turning the car. If someone who has already done this could you please tell me which set up works the best and which size of rubber that will go on these rims and which manufacturer to use? i.e Good year, Perelli etc? I too would like to have the car lowered 1 inch as well.

Thanks for your input guys and gals, looking forward to the spring. :2tu:

Slicksss

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the question, plus...

when calling HRE, do I need to specify the offset, or do they know already the exact application for our cars??

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE's look bad ass...customer service ***** and quality has gone down too. When I fisrt got the wheels I was disapointed in the powerder coat....it didn't cover the lug nut holes all the way and it didn't cover the back side of the hub completely....but what ever didn't bug me that much.

rim2.JPG

rim1.JPG

4 months after I got the wheels I had more finish problems....powder coat started peeling on one wheel. I called HRE and talked to ROY who told me to send the damaged wheel back. I was worried about them all matching so he had me send all four back so they could repowder coat all 4.

After 3 or 4 weeks I got a call from Roy, telling me the wheels were ready. Roy told me that the powder coat job on all 4 wheels turned out perfect. Two days later 4 boxes show up, one wheel was a lighter shade of gray and the other 3 still had brake dust in the lug nut holes. FUrious I raised all kind of hell and ended up talking to the VP John. 3 weeks later I had them back and they were acceptable.
leftrimlighter2.JPG

That was longer than I wanted :rolleyes:

Read about more HRE problems here....

" replace the * with an r "

http://www.vipe*alley.com/forum/viper-vendors-tuners/17837-hre-wheels-inc.html

HRE will know the offset, here is a copy of my packing slip it has soem specs on it-
hre_wheels2.JPG

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have HRE 19s and 20s and discribed. I have not had any problems with mine. No rubbing or other concerns. In fact they are much lighter than stock. My are polished so no problems with finish but i have to keep polishing up every few months since they are no clear coated. They are expensive but i love them. I am doing motons shortly which will only enhance the look of the rims/tire package.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason i cant get into my photo gallery here. But if you send me your email i can send you some pics. What color is your mamba Black? If so i can plenty of pics for you to get an idea what is will look like.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had HREs ... but dumped them because the paint chipped off too easily ... I finally went with good ole Mopar 'Sidewinders'

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was able to get into my photo album... Here is a pic of mine. I am in the process of doing Motons and it should look similar the red one below real soon just not too low. It was a members car here not too long ago.

DSC05369.JPG

9384Rder_Viper_HREs_lowered.jpg

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader, hard to tell in the pic, what front splitter are you running? Like it? Any problems with installation? Thanks

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLICKSSS, I have a set of chrome Startech wheels for sale. They are 19X10 and 20X13.5 they are heavy wheels, however, they look great. If interested just p.m. me, I'll give you a great deal(By the way, the wheels are brand new) and they are just like the ones on my avatar. These were made for the SRT.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

The sizes I gave you will fit just like stock, no rubbing. You can go a little wider if you want, but thats your call. 13.5 in rear and 11 in front would not be a problem if you wanted to get a little more rubber on the road. In fact, I recomend going a little wider on the rears, as I hear that there *may* be a 375 in our future, which would require the extra 1/2 inch for a good fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960