Question for Owners and Non-Owners

LeftyBaseballr16

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virginia Beach, Virginia / Louisburg, North Caroli
Well for the Owners What Actually Happened and for the Non-Owners (Dreamers like myself what WOULD you do)

The dealership calls you catch a ride out there and you see it... Your Brand New Dodge Viper just sitting there waiting for you to get inside. You finish any paperwork and you sit down in the Dodge Viper and grip the wheel. Now what do you next???

For me the first thing I want to do is Haul ass but being the responsible 20 yearold that I am I would first take it around some neighborhoods and toy with the power some, fill it up with gas and park it. My alarm from my cell phone would go off and I would roll over, wait I can't roll over because Im sleeping in the drivers seat. I'd pull it out and hop onto the Interstate (Anybody from Virginia knows this, HEADING AWAY FROM EMPORIA) and just drive it all night until the sun starts coming up, and traffic starts re-appearing.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ummm ... Start wondering how fast it's going to depreciate when you pull that brand new Viper out of that showroom :)

But that's just me!

Mike M

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thought process.

All the thinking goes out the window as soon as you turn the key.

Truth is, my first drive in a Viper was right after trading in the Ferrari. I turned onto the interstate and RIGHT INTO ATLANTA RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC! What a nightmare!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a driving school or open track day with instruction and learn how much rope you just bought. control youself on the streets so you don't wreck the car, hurt yourself or someone else.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case I picked up my new Viper in San Francisco, and drove it out of the dealership for a spectacular coast run down Hwy 1 to San Diego.

Perfect way to break in a Viper. Gentle hills, some quick blasts through the gears, gentle braking, hundreds of sweeping corners, and some of the best scenery on the planet.

Everything was like a dream until I pulled into the Ragged Point Inn for some lunch, and scraped the underside of the facia on a parking block.

Oh..Well...got that first scratch out of the way...

OP
OP
L

LeftyBaseballr16

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I want a Viper so bad , I mean I should be an adult about this but I get home from Baseball practice and basically have been living on these forums since I found them. Earlier today I was looking at Vipers and then like almost threw a fit. My friend was in my room and I was like, "DAMNIT I WANT A VIPER!"

haha but anyways continue with the stories :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Earlier today I was looking at Vipers and then like almost threw a fit. My friend was in my room and I was like, "DAMNIT I WANT A VIPER!" >>

been there - done that!

always on my dash of every one of my cars for "x" number of years, was a maminated pic of a viper GTS. i never forgot or gave up on my dream. it took time, but it did come, and i know it will for you too. :2tu:

it is worth the wait, but it NEVER comes fast enough. ;)

cool sideline story - after i bought my car, i ran into someone who's dream is also a GTS. i gave him my GTS picture after i told him the story. he still has it to this day on the dash of HIS car now.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd wanted Viper ever since they 1st came out. I was 11 yrs old in 1992 and I already knew that was my dream car. I knew I'd own one someday, but I honestly wasnt planning on buying one when I was 23. I had saved up some money for my wedding, but when me and my gf broke up, I figured I should just go ahead and buy a Viper before I did get married, start a family and not be able to afford one anymore. My 1st Viper drive was actually before I met my gf though. A friend called me and said a carlot had a red Gen 1 on the lot. I went over right after school and smooth talked them into letting me drive it with the sales mgr. shotgun. I was really nervous b/c I had never driven anything with that much HP. As soon as I got back and left the dealership, I called everyone I knew and let them know I had finally driven a Viper!

OP
OP
L

LeftyBaseballr16

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*Napoleon Voice* LUCCCCCKY

Ya this is my game plan. Save Birthday and Christmas Money and Work all this summer and stash that 8-10k in some kind of Stock. And then next summer (I Would be 21) work another summer and stash another 10k in bank. Then I would start trying to convince my dad of cleaning out the Garage and buying a Viper for the both of us to play with. Then keep saving and when I graduate College pay off his Half and I would own the Viper all myself Mahahaa.

(I Also have another plan but it's a little bit more ******** and you guys will be seeing that plan within the next month) *Evil Laugh*

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your 'other' plan involves selling little white rocks on the street corner, please remember: Being in a jail cell with a 400lb guy named Bubba, is as FAR away from driving a Viper as you can possibly get.

Reaction score
My plan is to pay off the Stang faster (pay down the principle), or trade in if I HAVE to, because I really do like the car, for a Viper....You get the drift, and then buy a viper in the next year or 2 after that. I despise school and the only reason I am putting myself through this crap is for the damn car. Pathetic, maybe. Time and waiting *****. Now we have to resort to ******* off the people on here Lefty. I know how you feel. ;)

OP
OP
L

LeftyBaseballr16

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your 'other' plan involves selling little white rocks on the street corner, please remember: Being in a jail cell with a 400lb guy named Bubba, is as FAR away from driving a Viper as you can possibly get.

its not that ********

and I know the feeling "One day I'll have one" While everyone is enjoying their actual viper I'm enjoying the Viper Forums lol.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, last night I went to the dragstrip, top down, 75 degrees, the smell of burning tires and adrenalin.....
all eyes on my car, not the vette next to me. Life is good.