Question for the New ACR owners please.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is an icon car, and will have historical automotive value. But, don't feel like you will miss out on having one if you do not buy a brand new one now. There will be plenty of used ACR Vipers on the market for the next several years. They will not go up in value anytime soon.

You will have just as much fun driving any SRT coupe. If you like the ACR appearance mods, you will be able to do those to a coupe also. Instead of your target of $40K for a used Viper, shoot for a $55-65K used SRT coupe instead. Most of them will have hardly any miles, some of them are even cleaner than they were when brand new. That saves you $40-50K vs a new ACR, and you know what kind of fun mods $40-50K can buy.

Don't overextend yourself, you will get the same enjoyment out of any SRT coupe as you would with an ACR. Besides, if you are making payments, lower payments will also allow you to enjoy the car more without worrying so much.

Tony

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, you are one hell of a driver, or the ACR guy *****. One of those combinations is the ONLY thing that would allow you to keep up with an ACR.

Several magazines have tested the '08 Viper coupe vs the ACR version at the track and although the ACR was always quicker it wasn't by much. And this is with professional drivers behind the wheel.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will NEVER talk you out an ACR!!! I have 51, 000 miles on my ACR and yes I drive it on the street, cruising is fun, you learn what to watch for quickly and you avoid it. Taking an ACR to the grocery store is always an occasion to meet other car guys....or if you're single; women. The car demands stares, near accidents in other lanes, etc. Just wait til you hear a young child scream (yes literally scream) "Dad, look its an ACR!!!", and you'll offer that young man a picture in your car and one day he'll be in Woodhouse buying his dream ACR!!

Its your way to give back for being a "car guy"....go for it!!

Regards,
Aaron

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not had my ACR on the track yet. I may or may not put it on the track. Why? Because even though I paid cash I can't afford to have a serious off-track excursion.

I don't let it set in the garage though. I drive it on Friday's to work if it isn't going to rain. My wife and I take it cruising around town on the weekends.

DSC_0115.JPG

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else catch this? ;)

my Viper is a her

and she's pretty :D
The him is just normal for a girl, my motorcycle is a him too. For guys it's a her for girls its a him. You know we like the opposite sex thing. At least most of us do.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The him is just normal for a girl, my motorcycle is a him too. For guys it's a her for girls its a him. You know we like the opposite sex thing.

of course you are right :), no double entendre intended, i'm just a dumb hick and thought it was cool personification....Viper chicks (in the driver's seat) and biker chicks (on the driver's seat) are always a welcome sight

:nono: fighting the urge to offer up a z-snap and a "you go girl" :nono:

shalom :usa:

Last edited:

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course you are right :), no double entendre intended, i'm just a dumb hick and thought it was cool personification....Viper chicks (in the driver's seat) and biker chicks (on the driver's seat) are always a welcome sight

:nono: fighting the urge to offer up a z-snap and a "you go girl" :nono:

shalom :usa:
To me my ACR is a hairy legged beasty bad boy that snarls and growls and just begs to be driven HARD! I try and accommodate him every chance I get. In fact he is going to the car wash for a good bath right now!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several magazines have tested the '08 Viper coupe vs the ACR version at the track and although the ACR was always quicker it wasn't by much. And this is with professional drivers behind the wheel.

Sorry, I will politely say that you are flat wrong, would you like to provide some references to those tests? 1000 pounds of downforce equals an amazing advantage And you may not be aware of how much difference 2 seconds is on a race track if you thinki it's "not by much". It's the difference between first place and not even standing on the podium.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say go for it!

You've already had one close call in your life, it sounds like you have your **** together financially, and you're not getting any younger. Live a little! Have some fun while you can, before your back doesn't let you get in and out of the damn car.

Also, I'd skip waiting if you want to order a new ACR. Don't know how long it takes from order to delivery at this point, but Chrysler appears to be on life support, so who knows how long you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang