question for you Bay Area Viper owners

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if some of you guys cruise to the city and park your vipers like at Union Square parking garage. And go out shopping ? Was curious on how safe it is. Thank you.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was considering taking my car into SF on Sunday but decided against it. I drove my other car instead, all the time assessing whether the drive through the city was 'Viper compatable'. I think it would have been safe enough but I wouldn't be able to relax with my car in one of the parking structures.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive around SF a lot, but would think twice about putting it in any parking garage, considering most lack cameras and have big signs saying they are not responsible for what happens. You're better off looking for street parking or find a nearby place that valets. Some will let you leave it out in front... just make sure to tip well ($20).

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipeuup,

I parked my Z06 in the Union Square parking garage, as well as, a few others, notably the one across the street from the Metreon. I felt that it was safe.

I would suggest not taking your Viper. It may cause a little bit more attention and those parking stalls are not Viper friendly.

I have taken my Viper to the city, but have paid for "premium" (valet or up front) parking.

Warfang is right, I would not encourage it. If you did decide to park it there, you would be like what Viper Scot said, " I would't be able to relax with my car in one of the parking structures."

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just try not to drive when I go there lol.

Years ago, valet parking at the Hyatt brought my 2 month old car back with some nice full car length scratches down the side....not the way to start your day.

I'm sure there are decent places to park....I've just never found them.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just try not to drive when I go there lol.

Years ago, valet parking at the Hyatt brought my 2 month old car back with some nice full car length scratches down the side....not the way to start your day.

I'm sure there are decent places to park....I've just never found them.

...hence the curse of Viper ownership :(

OP
OP
V

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Rainmaker, and the rest of you guys. You guys have helped me, make my decision. ;)

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from the 3rd Street/Kearny area heading toward Union Square. I just drove my 01' ACR through there to the North Beach area, a nightmare! They are tearing up the roads with jack hammers left and right. As far as parking, just find a safe spot where you keep the keys! (No Ferris Bueller Day off episodes).

Chris

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from the 3rd Street/Kearny area heading toward Union Square. I just drove my 01' ACR through there to the North Beach area, a nightmare! They are tearing up the roads with jack hammers left and right. As far as parking, just find a safe spot where you keep the keys! (No Ferris Bueller Day off episodes).

Chris

I KNOW! It's been like that for over a year now! My gts is dropped, so I actually scrapped a bunch of times on that street. :eek:

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lived in North Beach when I first got my viper. I used to park it on the street alot. It was funny hearing people talk about the car as they walked by. I had to drive through downtown everyday to get to work. It wasnt too bad, the roads arent great but you just slow down a little. The hardest part is finding a parking space big enough.