question re: stripe dimensions

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well i just made the move and sold my '01 rt10 to buy a used '06 coupe. color is gts blue and i'm planning to put white stripes on it in the next few weeks. i've looked at the cc stripes and while i think it looks sweet in certain colors, in white on blue i don't like the look from the rear. anyhew - wondering the width of the standard stipes, the distance between them, and the exact color? also any thoughts on taking the stripes thru the licence plate space? thanx in advance for any help. :2tu:

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are tough stripes to copy. If you measure a factory car you will notice that the size changes gradually from the front all the way to the trunk by about an inch or more on each stripe. I took measurements in 10 different places and got 10 different sizes. This is not a "do it yourself" job.

OP
OP
G

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thx cobra (awesome pic by the way!) i didn't think the stripes changed width along the car. next question would be anyone in the detroit area have any rec where to have the stripes done?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes are one of the easiest things to paint. Any GOOD paint shop can do it. There was a thread that had listed the gap between stripes and the width. No one is ever going to point out that your stripes are 1" wider or narrower then factory. Besides, Ive heard that the company Prefix, who does the Viper stripes, are not always perfect.
Anyways, if I remember, the stripes were about 9" wide each with a 4" gap in between. So just do something up ,it will look great. I also think you should paint the rear lower bumper black like the factory does when they do a stripe job.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have stripes and I had them painted 8" wide and 4" apart, front to back (like the gen 2s). They look perfect in front, and maybe a tad narrow in the rear. I've heard that the actual factory specs are 8" in front and 9" in the rear, 4" apart

... but pics of the coming '08s look like they are now going to be 8" wide all the way.

... so, I think my car will look more like the '08s :2tu:

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the reason why the stripes are wider in the back of the car. If you ever fly directtly over your car you will see the lines of the Viper and that the car itself looks wider in the rear. The stripes need to be wider to look right. All fatory stripe coupes have the air difusser painted Black if you are trying to make it look factory. And yes, an inch makes a difference :)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx cobra (awesome pic by the way!) i didn't think the stripes changed width along the car. next question would be anyone in the detroit area have any rec where to have the stripes done?

Why not go to Prefix? I think they have a little experience....

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2008 will have tapered stripes...

Are you sure? ... cuz pics posted to date make '08 stripes look more straight/skinny ... maybe it's the shape of the new hood that does it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth