Quick ? on removing the knee bolster for V1 hardwiring...

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm hardwiring my V1 and needing to remove the knee bolster and steering column surround. I've removed both screws from the bottom of the bolster so far. I atttempted to pull bolster from the top down so the bottem tab can swivel out of the center console but to no avail. It seemingly doesn't move from the top or pop out either. Am I missing something? Doesn't this bolster just snap out once the two bottom holding screws have been removed? Do you have to remove any other screws or lift remove the center console to get this out? Just trying to be careful and not break something. Thanks for any and all assistance.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it earlier this year. I can't remember any aspect of the knee bolster being difficult. Not sure of how many screws though. If I remember right the bolster fit into the console piece and made it a little difficult, but things were able to bend enough to take off and reinstall. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper_SRT, thanks for chiming in. I decided to take the easier route and get switched power from the accessory plug method. I was in the process of changing out the factory shifter knob to an MGW first strike and had the center console up anyway so it worked well.