Race Seat Recommendation?

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race seat needed:

Which race seat is best for direct bolt in on the Gen IV ACR?

Reaction score
Race-tech make the seats for the CC and the X's, but neither of them have door panels so a street-able Viper will have to cut down any of the seats with adequate shoulder supports. Bolting in the base is not much fun on any racing seat.

OP
OP
J

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's the X when you need it?

Race-tech make the seats for the CC and the X's, but neither of them have door panels so a street-able Viper will have to cut down any of the seats with adequate shoulder supports. Bolting in the base is not much fun on any racing seat.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Race-Tech makes a great seat! I've field tested them and they work!

(BTW, I have one for sale :) But I'm not lying, they do make a great seat)

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a Kirkey seat for my track car. Maybe not a bolt in seat but very well made and comes in a variety of styles and fitments. Check them out.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen Kirkey full-containment seats, but haven't used one. They look pretty cool. When I first started racing, I had a Kirkey seat that hugged my ribs. It worked great, but I was told I put my ribs at rish if an accident happened. I never tested that theory.

One thing I like about the Race-Tech seat is how "narrow" the head area is; I like to put my HANS on after getting in the car, and I find that I can only fit one hand between the seat side-wings and my helmet, so I need to attach one HANS tether at a time. Kind of a PITA. BUT, I feel that this lack of room also makes the seat safer if you get into an accident and your heads is thrown sideways...there's not much room to move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62